Evernote 10.86.5 Windows: Printing/PDF-export not working

Printing/PDF-export problems again, again and again... 

Standard print/pdf-export not working at all. Printing to pdf via system results gray border around the page.

Anybody else experiencing this?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, janndk said:

Anybody else experiencing this?

Yes. I only print ocassionally and it failed yesterday. I had to get the note up on EN web and use the browser print facility. Obviously looked rubbish but in this particular case it didn't matter.

• Sad 1

I downgraded to EN 10.86.2 and got pfd-export back (or almost back, as it is buggy as f###!!!). However, when opening computer next time, Evernote auto-updated to 10.86.5 so pdf-export is gone again. This is madness! 🤬

I have this problem also, the print preview never shows up, and the "converting page 1 of 1" never gets beyond 0%. It was working in 10.86.4 before auto-update.

Also, whatever happened to the print options for tags, updated date, etc ???

Just to add. It fails to print to PDF (or Export) or to WiFi Connected HP printer on 2 different Windows laptops. I've tried all the known suspects. Including a complete re-install. 

It may be a known issue but it would be SUPER nice if Broken Spoon was more proactive about sending out alerts about stuff like this.

I've been unable to print for the past 2 days as well after Evernote auto-updated to the newest version. I checked the Help menu and there was an option to run some tests and force it to close and restart. Then it prompted me to reinstall Evernote. The reinstalled version is the same one that I had just auto-updated (v10.86.8). But it seems to be working now. I can print as well as save as PDF.

You can export pdf, but the result is buggy and not to be trusted. Eg table borders missing, problems with text layout (lines and spaces removed), some task elements are missing, etc...  

I'm a long-time Adobe Acrobat user and the newer versions are buggy, too. When you view the PDF that Evernote created and zoom into it, are the table borders and lines still missing? I've learned that some of the line weights don't show up well in a PDF when viewed on a monitor until you zoom in, but they print all right.

• 2 weeks later...

Been printing note lists in A5 size for many years, now does not print lines?

Tried suggestions to use Printer dialog box but still not working. Tried to export and print to pdf but still no lines.

As all my lists are in tabular form and need to be printed in A5 size makes this all a bit of a mess. And people have been complaining about this for a while now and not fixed. I have just downloaded the latest version and more wonderful enhancements and breakages i assume.

Will have to re create in Excel and print then, at least that is consistent and cheaper.

• Sad 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2024 at 5:22 AM, janndk said:

It's not about thin lines. Lines/borders are totally missing.

I have got the same problem, it's been troubling me.