Updated to latest version and export to PDF feature stopped working

Used export to PDF feature in the morning, then upgraded to latest Evernote version (10.86.5-win-ddl-public (20240429211012)). After update, export to PDF feature did not work. Gets stuck on "loading preview" (see screen shot) and preview never loads. Tried restarting computer with no success. Windows 11 loaded on machine. 

image.thumb.png.a4074df0e4506e72fe9351decd9a6e7a.png

On 4/30/2024 at 3:01 PM, Arrownews said:

Used export to PDF feature in the morning, then upgraded to latest Evernote version (10.86.5-win-ddl-public (20240429211012)). After update, export to PDF feature did not work. Gets stuck on "loading preview" (see screen shot) and preview never loads. Tried restarting computer with no success. Windows 11 loaded on machine. 

image.thumb.png.a4074df0e4506e72fe9351decd9a6e7a.png

Hi all. - NOT entirely fixed now.

On the pdf export problems.  I am using the windows version.  I just installed Version 10.86.8 - the notes for this say PDF export has been fixed.  So it seems, however the routine is stumped if you are exporting multiple notes, and a note contains an HTML file (my notes containing html content files are inserted via forwarding emails into evernote).  If you remove the html file content (you need to select - right click and choose delete to remove the html content - otherwise the whole note goes into trash - then retry the export it will go through

I have had to screen shot pdf file front pages and reinsert to the containing note to show the content in the exported pdf, as the current export does not show (as previously) the front page of any pdfs in the notes being exported.  (I export notes containing pdfs of invoices etc, so the "front page preview" of the pdf within the exported notes was usefull.  This does not now occur in the revised evernote).

Hope this is useful.

Ken

5 hours ago, kglah said:

the current export does not show (as previously) the front page of any pdfs in the notes being exported. 

Neither of the following appear in the exported PDF:

• Any attachments
    • they are shown as "Untitled attachment" - but with the correct identifying icon.
  • PDF attachments shown as title in note
    • they are shown as "Untitled attachment"
  • PDF attachments shown as preview in note
    • they are shown as "Untitled attachment"
  • Page numbers
    • never seen - even in really large notes.