Evernote 10.86.2 Windows - image annotation tool bug

The new huge extra bottom padding in notes window seems also affect image annotation tool, and messes up how it works. 😒

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, thefryhole said:

Also experiencing this. I'm on 10.86.4 on Windows. Makes the image annotation functionality almost unusable.

Can we have a screenshot please?  I just tried out annotation which seems to work normally to me...

• Level 5*

Thanks - that's officially strange.  Using the 'pen' icon (which for me says "edit and annotate") I get a small offset between the cursor and any drawing.  Using the three dots menu shows the same option apparently opening in the same window,  and that is totally accurate for placing. 

I agree it's a bug,  but don't see that it makes the feature "totally unusable"...  apart from anything else (workaround warning here - sensitive users should look away now...) even if your Evernote experience is not so good - my OS will annotate images / or / I have a free utility app that will open the image and do the same changes.

35 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Thanks - that's officially strange.  Using the 'pen' icon (which for me says "edit and annotate") I get a small offset between the cursor and any drawing.  Using the three dots menu shows the same option apparently opening in the same window,  and that is totally accurate for placing. 

I agree it's a bug,  but don't see that it makes the feature "totally unusable"...  apart from anything else (workaround warning here - sensitive users should look away now...) even if your Evernote experience is not so good - my OS will annotate images / or / I have a free utility app that will open the image and do the same changes.

It makes it almost unusable, because sometimes it works correctly and sometimes it doesn't. If your highlight shows up somewhere unexpected, you then must find the right spot (because your cursor is probably not still in the same location) to select the errant element and delete or move it. Guess wrong, and now you have more artifacts to remove because your not-in-the-right-place click created yet another ink blob. There's no consistency between where you think the cursor is and where EN thinks the cursor is. Sometimes it's a few lines, sometimes it's several inches. It's all trial and error, which is more time consuming than this feature should be.

This bug turns what we know to be a fast and useful tool into a cumbersome string of clicks and deletes. And yes, the workaround is to use a different app.

• Like 3