Confused what version.. Desktop vs Web

Hi,

I used to used the standalone first version of EV I think it'd now called Legacy, but I am now using 10.85     178.0.6    1.102.1 on a Win 10 x64  PC.

I looked at the new notification video about the new upgrades and it talks about the Desktop version which dies not look like the version above I use.

I looked at EV online and up popped a version that looks like the old initial version I used which has tge layout I prefer to use.

The main thing I don't particularly like in my current version is the left side where it only has icons in  thin column 1 whereas the one online has the Notebooks named in col 1, then the Notes in 2 then the Note.

What version is what please?

Thank you

oz

EV current Col 1.PNG

EV on line Col 1.PNG

If you hover over the bottom of the sidebar in your desktop app you should see an option to expamd the sidebar

image.png.3c8b04fcc30095d55a53c6e38be0013b.png

That is the only difference between the two.

Thank you.  I don't see that arrow however I see the vertical box icon 4 down from the top expands it.

I still prefer the 'old' look.

What versions are these please?

The desktop and web versions are both 10.85.4

1 hour ago, ozstar said:

I don't see that arrow

Just to re-emphasise that you only see the arrow if you hover over the sidebar. For the desktop version there is also a keyboard shortcut - F10 on windows.

• Like 1

Thank you again.   

I see what was happening now.

My view and set up was because I had my text zoomed in to enlarge the note I am working on

That way the 1st column collapsed and showed the icons and not the actual text links.

My setup is for two screens. 

The left I have the regular EV and when I double click on the note I want to use, it comes up full on the 2nd screen.

I still want to enlarge the text on the 2nd screen but it seems if I enlarge this both screens enlarge, so it goes back to the icons in col 1.

How can I enlarge just the note on the 2nd screen without enlarging the basic view on the 1st screen?