Nested tag view - how to see it in v10 Evernote

I have about 3K tags which I have been building and organizing for about ~12 years.

Not really sure how to get the "whole" view of tags but occasionally I find one attached to the side list of Tags. There are only TWO options: by Frequency of tag use or Title. Although Legacy Evernote enabled me to create Alphabetic-ordered top level tags, with sub tags, and sub sub tags, and sub sub sub tags, etc. I find NO WAY to even see this now.

This is the best Help topic on Nested Tags which I can find https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412905761299-Create-nested-tags so Evernote, at least, admits they should exist.

Anyone with ideas about how to SEE them? Or modify them?

Posted (edited)

I should mention that the Evernote v10 Tag list is NOT respected the order of the Legacy Tag structure. I'm not sure but I think it's alphabetizing ALL subtags (regardless of depth) underneath one Level 1 tag.

Demented, if so.

(P.S. Thank goodness I have a copy of Legacy Evernote so I can go and look it up).

Edited by TdeV
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, TdeV said:

Anyone with ideas about how to SEE them? Or modify them?

A good first step would be to (politely) point out to Evernote that you would like to be able to see a listing of all your assigned tags,  plus sub tags.

I saw somewhere else that less than 5% (I think) of Evernote users actually have a tagging system,  and I'd bet that far fewer have such an extensive setup - so just like your Legacy use,  you're very much in a minority.  Evernote's current owners had nothing to do with either version of the current tagging system,  so they might have plans to improve it - or it might be a low-priority item to consider at some future time. 

You'll never know unless you ask...

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Go to the tags section. You can open the tags tree there. Here you see a 3 level tree - behind the tags you see a count if you enabled show note count in the View menu.

image.png.a08b5004614a7648de30a123f8b859b5.png

Opposite to legacy you can select when filtering for tags with child tags (1) if child tags should be included or excluded (2). The child tags list is showing (3) in the drop down.

image.png.02b0c0d8785fa0ead844b1a86be13f01.png

And opposite to legacy v10 offers all this on the mobile clients as well.

• Thanks 1