Android app always restart

Evernote Android app always close when I switch to another app, even if it's a quick switch.

What could I do to avoid this behaviour?

• Level 5*

Hi.  You can't.  Mobile devices default to not holding local copies of your data (except for working offline) so they have to download details of the account when you log in.  If you switch accounts,  they have to clear the temporary storage and download another account.  You could consider sharing notes or notebooks from one account to the other so you can work in that account but copy some information across when you have more flexible access...

I'm not switching accounts.

I'm switching between applications, for example, switching from Evernote to Google Docs, than back to Evernote, than to bank account app, than back to Evernote.

• Level 5*

Oops - sorry;  misunderstood...  what's your device,  plus Android and Evernote version numbers?  My experience is that the app waits quietly in the background for me to get done with another task,  then pops up quite normally when I switch back.  The only real way to 'tech' a mobile app is simply to uninstall  / power the device off and on / and reinstall.

Moto G9 Plus

Android 11

Evernote 10.83.0 (1219760)

Everything updated.

And I have already done your default procedure.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Can only suggest you contact Support - please be patient;  I'm not sure how quick the new support process is yet...  (You should be able to contact them via Settings in the mobile app.)

On 4/6/2024 at 3:54 PM, jonexx said:

Moto G9 Plus

Android 11

Evernote 10.83.0 (1219760)

Everything updated.

And I have already done your default procedure.

According to a quick search, your phone only has 4GB of RAM. Depending on what apps you are switching to, it's possible that it needs to close Evernote to free up RAM. A newer phone, if that's something you're already considering, may alleviate this issue.

This usually happens due to high memory consumption, the application crashing, and it might have depleted RAM. It is better to free up some space and optimizing phone in a timely manner.