Less than 30 Days Notice of being billed with 160% Price Increase?!? ($49.99... to $129.99)

I knew there was a price increase... BUT that for me was the increase from $34.99 to $49.99 in 2023.

That was just last year.

This year... TODAY... after getting the "Congrats! You can now use Professional for Free" pop-up window, I sensed something was up so I went into my account. I then find there will be an increase from the $49.99 to $129.99 for me.... and that starts later this month on my normal billing date for the year.

So I checked my email today to see if they even notified me about the latest price hike.

Turns out they did... 

13 DAYS AGO. 

So for me, they notified me of the price hike in less than one month before I'll be billed at that $129.99. 

Questions:

How much notice did you get about the price increase (via email)... if you had a similar "grandfathered" ordeal like I must have had?

And before I start making calls...

Has support and the software improved significantly over the last year... to stick around and not take all of my "notes" elsewhere?
(I've had to adjust my "normal" organizational strategy over the years with using the software due to the many issues it had, and I haven't made the time yet to go back and see if things have been resolved. My understanding is that they have new owners, but this latest price hike customer-experience has me seriously questioning their business practices and the software.)

evernotepricehikes.png

Screenshot 2024-04-02 160841.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  You have been,  by the looks,  on a heavily discounted 'grandfathered' scheme which Evernote has now ended.  If the service is not worth it to you at the new price,  then clearly you should find an alternative.  No-one here can give you any guarantees of quality - we're mainly other users.  It's my understanding that you have a maximum of 60 days from payment of the new subscription to claim a refund if the service is not satisfactory.  Evernote CS (and refunds) available here:  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  You have been,  by the looks,  on a heavily discounted 'grandfathered' scheme which Evernote has now ended.  If the service is not worth it to you at the new price,  then clearly you should find an alternative.  No-one here can give you any guarantees of quality - we're mainly other users.  It's my understanding that you have a maximum of 60 days from payment of the new subscription to claim a refund if the service is not satisfactory.  Evernote CS (and refunds) available here:  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us

Hiya Back, gazumped!

Thanks for responding! :) Yeah, I'm not looking for guarantees of quality from Evernote users, I'm simply asking for other's opinions and insights into the matter. I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from and why I'd be asking. 

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Prophat said:

I'm simply asking for other's opinions and insights into the matter.

Spend some time reading through the forums.  There are plenty of opinions already expressed.  No one has the same use case or opinions.  It is best if you give it a try and then decide how it works out for you and if it is worth the increase.  No one is happy about the increase but some have stayed and others have left.  Your decision.

11 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Spend some time reading through the forums.  There are plenty of opinions already expressed.  No one has the same use case or opinions.  It is best if you give it a try and then decide how it works out for you and if it is worth the increase.  No one is happy about the increase but some have stayed and others have left.  Your decision.

I have searched and will continue to gather more information. 😀 I appreciate your response!

And you are most welcome; s2sailor, to also add your opinion on the matter here if you'd like. Did you receive a very short notice for the price increase? Or how far in advance did they tell you about the price increase for you?

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Prophat said:

Or how far in advance did they tell you about the price increase for you?

It was about a month.