Subscription isn't updated

Hello,

I'm from the Netherlands and I toke for the first time a subscription personal. I have a disount of 40% and paid with ideal. I only had to pay 0,10 cents. After this i couldn't use Evernote. I wonder what went wrong. I like to use Evernote today.

I did read something like this:

Er wordt € 59,99 bij je bank in rekening gebracht. Om je Evernote account te bevestigen zal Evernote €0,10 afschrijven en terugstorten.

Your bank will be charged €59.99. To confirm your Evernote account, Evernote will charge and refund €0.10.

What does this mean? How long do I have to wait to get back on Evernote?

Kind of Regards,

Jeffrey Lachi

• Level 5

The initial payment is just to confirm there is a correct banking account. The process is automated - once the first payment went through, the second will follow, and the first will be reimbursed.

It will probably take 1-2 days.

That‘s one reason why I keep my subscription through Apple iTunes.

I have received an automated email and replied to it. Also I've a ticket number on Evernote Help & Learning Requests with number #3860688 But after 6 days still no response.

• Evernote Expert

Support response times have been truly abysmal since last year. Six days would be quite speedy I'm afraid. 

I've no idea what Ideal is but I suspect it isn't a relationship direct with Evernote. You will need to hold on for the reply which will eventually arrive. It could be another ten days yet.

But I hope you haven't been scammed 😔 

It isn't a scam but the most used payment method in the Netherlands for e-commerce. Normally the payment is processed immediately. I'm not that happy 16 days is way to long for support.  

• Level 5

We agree this is no way to conduct a business.

Unfortunately there is no way around support on this - we are other users, and can only try to help you routing your request. We can’t directly solve it.

• Evernote Expert
7 hours ago, SpruitBB said:

It isn't a scam but the most used payment method in the Netherlands for e-commerce. Normally the payment is processed immediately.

I'm delighted that this is a service you know and are confident with. I can see, from your initial post, that you will be charged 10 cents to your bank to confirm that the account is genuine. This is fairly standard process for credit cards so I imagine you would see the 10 cent charge and then a credit. After that you'll see the €59.99 go though to your account. 

Has that charge appeared on your bank account? If not, then you could ask Ideal for support.

If everything went through as expected then, sadly, you will have to wait for Evernote support to get things resolved. You could ask Ideal to reverse the transaction but that may not get you access to your Evernote account which is, I think, the main issue.