Evernote created 2 accounts with the same email address

Hello 

I got logged out of my evernote account today and as I was trying to log back in I accidentally clicked on Create account in stead of Log in. I used the same user name (email address) and password as my real account, and then Evernote created a new account with those. This should not be possible it didn't even ask me to confirm email, it just created a new account for me and when I logged in none of my old notes were there. I really need to get my old notes back. Please help me, because I am really panicking right now. I would like to be able to recommend Evernote instead of telling people it doesn't work. Please I have very important stuff there.

• Level 5

Are you sure you made no typo entering the user name ?

As you said, 2 accounts using the same address are (from what we know) not possible.

Don‘t copy the email - type it, and check.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I am 100% sure. And it has happened to someone on this forum before.. but it was years ago and I don't know if she was able to retrieve her account 

• Level 5*
On 3/29/2024 at 2:36 PM, Swizz said:

I would like to be able to recommend Evernote instead of telling people it doesn't work

I don't think user error is something that can be prevented by Evernote.  I'm also pretty sure that two account may not have the same email address unless one of them was mistyped.  I'd suggest you log out of whatever Evernote client you're using and try logging in again.  If you still have a blank account,  you'll need to contact Support to help you unscramble this.  Contact them via https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us

• Like 1

@Swizz Here is what happens when I try and create a new account using my existing account credentials:

image.png.317f444ab98a968eae1b38108a43d9c5.png

It won't let me create a new account.

Try it again with your most recent email address and I suspect you'll see the same error message.

So even though you are 100% sure, I'd suggest you look through old emails from Evernote and try and figure out under what email the previous account might have been created.

• Like 1