Compare Android (and iOS) versions to Windows Desktop version?

I have started using the Android version with a keyboard more lately and it seems that the latest new features, like the / command and collapsible sections are not (yet?) available.  Also long standing functionality like multiselect, and I assume many other functionalities.

Is there anywhere where we can see the detailed functionality of each platform app, preferably next to each other?

• Level 5

I don’t remember a function by function list anywhere. In general the mobile clients are much closer to the desktop version than former clients.

The biggest difference is that you can’t open and work on more than a single note at any time. This means as well you can only export a single note from a mobile client.

Then smaller issues like reduced formatting of tables, finer control of offline downloads, and less keyboard shortcuts. I would assume the missing slash-command as a keyboard shortcut thing. On the positive side are PIN code and biometrics on mobile.

The full feature set in general is found on the installed desktop client.

• Level 5

You need to switch the browser to the desktop version to run it on a mobile devices. IMHO that makes only sense on Chromebooks or tablets - on phones the web client is hardly usable.

Thanks for the reminder to use the desktop mode.  I use a tablet with a physical keyboard (Lenovo P12)

Using Chrome, on Desktop mode, I can get to Evernote, but the / command, while I see the grey promte, nothing happens when I type the slash.  That, of course, could also be a hardware issue, except that also using the onscreen keyboard it also does not work.  Maybe I have popup's blocked...

Using Firefox in Desktop mode, I get the popup of options, and can select one (I can not jus go on and type, but I think this is not how it works on Android), but if I have any text on the page at all, I get very irratic behavior, like the word "Press" showing up somewhere as text, of the cursor moving all over the place, etc.   I can not say if this is an Evernote, a Firefox or tablet and keyboard incompatitiblity... I will keep fussing with this to see what I can find out.

• Level 5

Where are you located ?

In the EU since iOS 17.4 the browsers do not use the Apple WebKit engine any more. This is a result of the Digital Markets Act. Before that you had a Chrome skin on top of Apple's engine. Now you have a Chrome browser with its own engine.

This is a fundamental change. Try different browsers to find out which works, and which don't. Safari still works ...

P.S. Make sure the browser is in desktop mode.

34 minutes ago, laurence.glazier said:

Chrome browser on iPad no longer lets me in. "Sorry, we don't support your browser at this moment."

It used to work.

Hummm, niether can I..... (I am in Europe... so guess its not possible)

Edit: Safari does indeed work - also /command and collapsing.  Alas, my iPad is largely retired

7 hours ago, Grant837 said:

Safari does indeed work - also /command and collapsing.

Thanks for that. I can now see my list of tagged notes quickly without waiting for my iPhone to catch up!

I have also discovered that two-finger tap is a way to multi-select!

• Like 1