Note does not scan into correct notebook.

I just upgraded to the current version of Evernote from the Legacy app.  In Legacy, whenever I scanned something in, Evernote filed it in whatever notebook I was working in.  In the new version, the note scans into the "default" notebook and I have to manually move it to the notebook that I want it in.  Is there a way for the new app to behave the way Legacy did?

• Level 5

Personally I use an ix500, but they use the same software.

There are 2 options: 

Scan into the ScanSnap Home software (ScanSnap Manager is deprecated). Then give the note a „good“ file name there, which will later become the notes title. Save the file into a folder declared as Import Folder. It will grab the file, send it to EN and create a new note with the files name as title, and the file attached.

You can have several Import Folders, each linked to a different notebook.

Option 2 is to establish EN as target in the ScanSnap Cloud App. Then the Scans will import directly through the API.

I am not sure whether directly sending into EN is still an option. I never used it, and this has a simple reason: Only using ScanSnap Software will create an independent OCR of the scan. EN will OCR as well, but the results will only be available inside of EN. Only an embedded OCR will create a computer readable document that can be used in any application. That was reason enough for me to go through the scanners software, which includes the Abby Fine Read OCR solution.

PinkElephant, thanks, I will experiment with this...but it sounds like both of your solutions (if I understand them correctly) entail more steps that my old workflow using the Legacy app.  Prior to this EN upgrade, I scanned directly into EN and the PDF landed directly in the notebook that I was working in.  No need to move it.

Not sure if it is relevant, but I don't OCR outside of Evernote, and I accept the default name that EN gives the file (IE I don't need to rename them).  This system has worked well for many years.

Thanks again.