Cannot import notes (Import Failed message) and cannot create new note (spinning wheel)

Go to solution Solved by IanHanna,

When trying to create a new note in EN desktop I get a spinning wheel for about 1 min and then it just disappears without any warning or issues however it does not create a new note.

Also when I try to import notes I get a "failed to import notes" message after about 1 min of seeing the "importing Notes" pop up saying "loading".

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing EN - no success

I have the latest EN release (10.80.3), my account is fine e.g. no limits etc - in fact it has just reset for the month

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I think that's a fairly unusual problem; at any rate I haven't encountered it. Are you on Windows or Mac? You've already uninstalled and reinstalled, which would be the first advice--did you use the operating system's uninstall facility? In Windows, this is known not to get rid of everything every time, and people recommend using Revo uninstaller instead. I've seen people report that persistent problems did get solved by using it. There is something comparable for the Mac, but I'm not sure what it's called. That might be the first thing to try. Another question: how much free disk storage space do you have remaining? Evernote and other contemporary apps sometimes need quite a lot for temporary storage, etc., and if you're running low, it might inhibit adding material to Evernote.

• Level 5

You can nuke the Evernote folder yourself. You find it‘s location in the app settings. This takes the internal settings away as well.

What is more difficult are other settings. Not sure if EN drops anything into the registry, for example.

• Solution

I uninstalled EN and then opened file explorer and went to %appdata% and then deleted the EN folder. Re-installed EN and now everything is good. thanks everyone