Jump to search result not working in Mac v10 (was ok v7)

When i do a search, then click on one of the results, it used to v7 open AND JUMP TO THE FIRST OCCURENCE.

Now (v10) I have to scroll down (EG 20 pages) and VISUALLY look for the first occurence.

It's very poor, and I don't want to yet do the same search all over again within the note.

25 minutes ago, FredJ said:

It's very poor, and I don't want to yet do the same search all over again within the note.

If you do open the search within the note (enter to move the focus to the body of the note and then ctrl+F (Windows)) the search term is pre-populated for you and it jumps to the first occurrence. No need to scroll through lots of pages but I agree not as convenient as your previous expereince.

I know, but this is a HUGE regression and total pain in the arse when i do this 50x per day.
(And I SERIOUSLY do !!!)

ALSO, to compound this, I have limited use of my hands, so each operation is difficult and takes 10x longer than it used to.

ALSO, doing this double search with multiple steps is very hard on Android and IOS devices 

(I find v10 is terrible in so many ways compared to my LOVED v7)

• Level 5

Cmd-J (ctrl-Q on PC) opens the "go to" search.

Type a word or two, click on the magnifier glass (or on one of the notes in the short list that appears, if it matches), and you get the search result list. Your choice, there is no need to preselect any of the equally relevant notes in that list.

Fast & easy. Of course anybody can look for a maximum clumsy way to do the same, and then complain about the complexity.

@pinkelephant 
Judging by your aggressive, not well read, not well thought out comments, and only concerned with yourself (Evernote), and what things look like to you, not the opinions or welfare of others, I'm convinced you're nothing but a high paid enforcer for Evernote.

Anyways, this is NOT any better... in fact 10x worse!  I can't use saved searches, and it STILL doesn't JUMP to the first occurrence, if it's below the first page.  It just sits there looking stupid, waiting for me to do a bunch of stuff to still find it.  v7 worked GREAT.  Thus, I think it's a bug (or bad oversight) in v10.  And, the search via Cmd+J is pulling up notes that don't even contain my search (amongst some that do)... more bugs...
  • Level 5

Saved searches work.

Cmd-J produces a search result list, when the search option is selected. There is no „first note below the initial page“ - the whole first page is filled with matching notes.

You are expecting everything works like legacy. No, it doesn’t. V10 is an own app, in it‘s own right. Learn it, or forget it.

And you are right: I don’t care if you do follow the advise. If you have better ideas, share them.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Saved searches work.

Cmd-J produces a search result list, when the search option is selected. There is no „first note below the initial page“ - the whole first page is filled with matching notes.

You are expecting everything works like legacy. No, it doesn’t. V10 is an own app, in it‘s own right. Learn it, or forget it.

And you are right: I don’t care if you do follow the advise. If you have better ideas, share them.

The problem I'm seeing is that it 'highlights' the occurrences within the note (once you select a note from the list), but doesn't auto 'jump' to the FIRST occurrence, and if thats somewhere down in a long document, it becomes a whole secondary set of steps to then locate it.  Even just a up/down arrow to step straight to and through the occurrences would help.

14 minutes ago, FredJ said:

Even just a up/down arrow to step straight to and through the occurrences would help.

At the moment you are stuck with enter (or click) to edit the note and then ctrl+F to jump to the first occurence. Hitting enter will then cycle through the occurrences. I'm not sure that this is really that much more complicated than the compromise you are asking for, although I agree not as straightforward as legacy.

• Level 5

Since the in-Note search is populated by the last general search, it is in fact pretty seamless.

Where is a significant difference is search in attachments, if there are several in a single note. The in-Attachment search searches in one attachment only.