Window not responding

I am starting to experience heavy latency in the desktop app and I am getting "window not responding" messages. What is causing this?

1 hour ago, chilee said:

I am starting to experience heavy latency in the desktop app and I am getting "window not responding" messages. What is causing this?

Me too: I experience the same, both on my primary laptop and my secondary laptop.

Specs: The slowest laptop of those has good hardware (I've heard), Surface Pro 9 with newest i7 for that type, bought last year, 32GB memory, 1TB SSD that came with it, 1gbit up/down glass wired Internet, in Windows Evernote 10.80.3. I believe it did not start earlier than 10.76.x, possible even since 10.80.x. 

Symptoms: Evernote note freezes for sometimes 10 seconds, many times 30 seconds, sometimes more than a minute. It's never stuck for forever. Sometimes I saw one note Window was frozen, but main screen or other note did respond. Sometimes main Window, but other opened note did respond. It happens multiple times per hour, when I'm using Evernote full time that hour. I believe I see this between 5-10 times each hour.

Context:  I didn't change anything on these systems that I could imagine impacting this. We'll see if more people start complaining about this, then there is probably a pattern caused by something at Eevernotes side.

Thx everyone for thinking along!

• Level 5

It is always hard to draw a conclusion from a single user experience to a general situation. But on 3 Macs, I don‘t experience any of this.

Maybe related to an interaction with Windows ? Security software comes into mind - Windows Defender somehow interacting with the local database ? Just a shot into the dark …

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Try what happens if you temporarily turn off spell check in the app settings.

Good suggestion, didn't even know it could be disabled. Switched it off. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

• Like 1