Bug: Create a new note, then search for a word in the title of the note, Evernote won't find it.

Steps to reproduce (Win11, 10.79.3 client):

1 - Create a new note with a unique title

2 - Try to search for the note using a word in the title

Results:

Evernote will not show the note in the search results. This bug persists until some point in the future when Evernote syncs.

This is annoying when creating new notes and wanting to link between them. I have to wait or switch views to recent to find the note manually.

• Level 5

The search index is build on the server, and then synced across devices.

How do you think search can work if content has not yet synced, been processed and distributed ? By magic ? Voodoo ?

It is expected behavior, not a bug.

22 minutes ago, Riptide360 said:

Evernote will not show the note in the search results. This bug persists until some point in the future when Evernote syncs.

Takes a few seconds for me, which is acceptable (for me).

You could try using intitle: before the search word and see if that helps

If it's a recent note you can also use the recent notes list. View 🢂 Show recent notes in the sidebar. They appear underneath shortucts so you have to expand the sortcuts section if you haven't already. However, this won't actually give you anything that notes, sorted by updated doesn't. For what you are doing you might be better having the notes list because you can simply drag the note from the note list into the note to make the link.