Gesture navigation in note edit mode broken

EDIT: So the bug is not fixed, gesture navigation is still broken, but I've found a workaround: turn on double tap to edit in the settings.

In short: when editing a note, the back gesture does not work as intended, while 3 button navigation still works perfectly. I have attached a video highlighting the issue.

Reproduce like this:

1. open a note and press on edit

2. press anywhere on the note and the keyboard will open

3. perform a back gesture anywhere, keyboard will close

4. perform a second back gesture anywhere, edit mode will exit briefly, then a press will be registered and you are back in edit mode and the keyboard will open

In order to actually exit edit mode at least 3 consecutive back gestures have to be performed in very fast succession.

The phone is a Galaxy S24+. It might be a bug in their gesture navigation implementation but I don't think so since all other apps work fine.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 2:48 PM, SamHagelkorn said:

The phone is a Galaxy S24+. It might be a bug in their gesture navigation implementation but I don't think so since all other apps work fine.

It's Evernote. When you find a bug it's always Evernote. It has a lot of bugs. :)

The bug and a workaround (3 quick swipes) is documented for a long time (since v10 release) here on the forums and reported to support but they don't fix it. I think it's time they develop a new Android client, because the current one is not good.

• 3 weeks later...

It turns out this issue is being caused by Samsung's implementation of gesture navigation, and not the Evernote app.

Similar issue exists in Google Maps where the go back gesture stops working on the directions screen. Both issues do not happen on an Android 14 OnePlus phone.

On 4/21/2024 at 2:38 AM, SamHagelkorn said:

It turns out this issue is being caused by Samsung's implementation of gesture navigation, and not the Evernote app.

Not so sure about that. This is a longstanding bug affecting Google Pixel phones as well.

• Like 1