Where are my notes ? Search results not showing !

Go to solution Solved by Wern,

• Level 5

I am on WIN 10 and have installed the newest Desktop version.

When I search for specific notes, it gives me a number: "X notes found".

"Let's say 10 notes found". I can see ONLY one note and do not see a list with the 10 notes. Where are these 10 notes and why is only showing up 1 note? Where is the list of the 10 notes?

It just drives me crazy, I have invested one hour to solve this, with no avail.

I can't tell you how much I miss "Legacy", which was fast, precise, simple and had a clean interface without the awful clutter that I need to look at now.

Anyhow, my requirement is not outrageous:

1. I want to see the notes list as a result of a search

2. I want to be able to just click on one of the notes in the list and read it.

Sad to say, that I am getting angrier and more annoyed every day about Evernote.

• Level 5*

Immediately after you install the new version on a desktop it will start downloading and installing your database from the server in a different format from the original legacy.  The app also builds new indexes and generally does the setup work to run faster in future.  If you search for a specific note while all this is going on it will be preferentially downloaded for you to work on - but there's no database to scroll through until it's all downloaded which is a single operation that is going to take a little time. 

• Level 5

OK then,  how do I download ALL my notes?

And will I then get a clickable list of notes as a result of a search ?

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, Wern said:

OK then,  how do I download ALL my notes?

And will I then get a clickable list of notes as a result of a search ?

If it's not working by now I'd suggest contacting Support (I know...) and maybe considering a clean reinstall - delete the local database / uninstall with Revo or Appcleaner / restart and reinstall.

• Like 1

Always worth looking at the web version to see if that is working correctly. That is the closest you will get a definitive view of what is in the EN database online. You could potentially make it more definitive by deleting everything cached by your browser for the EN website.

• Level 5

Thanks for the answer.

It looks like all my notes are in the Web version of EN.

They are not on my desktop.

There should be an easy way to sync and therefore downloading all my notes to the Desktop. But there is no SYNC  or Download Botton.

Then how do I get my notes downloaded?

17 minutes ago, Wern said:

It looks like all my notes are in the Web version of EN.

Great news.

17 minutes ago, Wern said:

Then how do I get my notes downloaded?

I would sign out of EN and choose "remove my Evernote data from this device". You can then sign back in. All the data will be downloaded again. This may take some time but EN should be perfectly usable in the mean time provided you are online.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
  • Solution

Thanks for the answers.

I deleted the desktop app with revo uninstaller and then installed the app again. Thank God it looks like all the notes are there.

Still think Legacy was faster, cleaner and much more uncluttered but I can live with the new version.