Can't close the Keyboard shortcuts setting window using close button

Once you click 'open menu' from the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' settings, you can't close it by clicking the x. You have to close the settings window first.
Clicking on open menu again, closes it. That's not discoverable by everyone.

This is a weird UI behavior and I consider it a bug.

Hrmm - it seems to be working for me ok. Which version of Evernote and OS are you on? I'm on Mac Desktop 10.79.2 [Edit: I wasn't following the steps correctly to reproduce.]

I can close the Keyboard Shortcuts in all 3 ways (that I know of): clicking the keyboard shortcut button that launched it, clicking the 'X' in the Keyboard shortcuts side bar, and press Cmd+/ (this tooltip shows when I hover over the keyboard shortcut button).

Edited by Boot17
I wasn't following the steps correctly to reproduce
  • Level 5
16 hours ago, abdu said:

Once you click 'open menu' from the 'Keyboard Shortcuts' settings, you can't close it by clicking the x. You have to close the settings window first.
Clicking on open menu again, closes it. That's not discoverable by everyone.

This is a weird UI behavior and I consider it a bug.

I do see that: I go to Settings, then Keyboard Shortcuts, then Open Menu, and the Settings dialog stays open while the KB Shortcuts dialog opens behind it and can't be clicked in for any purpose. Honestly, I never thought of opening KB Shortcuts that way. I usually use Ctrl+/; and as @Boot17 points out, there's also the button to access it at bottom left of the screen. I don't know if being unable to click in a dialog accessed from another dialog is weird or not. Probably, and they probably shouldn't offer that option without closing the Settings dialog.

• Thanks 1

Ah - I was missing going to it from the Settings -- I didn't even know that was there as I've never accessed it from that way. Personally, I don't know, maybe it's weird and they should just auto-close the settings dialog after clicking on the "Open menu" button, but I'd think it would only take one time to figure out and then we're like "oh 🤷".

• Like 1