Ordered List Error with latest update

am having problems with the "bullet numbers" for my Ordered Lists which I believe started with update:  10.78.2.   Now, instead of 1,2,3,4 etc,  they start with a,b,c,e etc  and worse, the second level is now lower case roman numbers:  i, ii, iii, iv etc.    This is awful, especially when you get into list items like 100, or 150, etc.   Here is an example of how the list looks now:

Here is what is looks like now:   (Was before 10.78.2  (about 02/28/2024))

Name - Activity Log - Week xxx - (x Year Complete)
    1. Monday - mm/dd/20xx - Sunday mm/dd/20xx
    2. Got up at M - xx:xx, T - xx:xx,  W - xx:xx, Th - xx:xx, F - xx:xx, Sa - xx:xx, Su - xx:xx
    3. Activities:
        1. (Mon)
        2. (Mon)
        3. (Mon)
        4. (Mon)
        5. (Mon)

Now it looks like this.    

Name - Activity Log - Week xxx - (x Year Complete)
    a. Monday - mm/dd/20xx - Sunday mm/dd/20xx
    b. Got up at M - xx:xx, T - xx:xx,  W - xx:xx, Th - xx:xx, F - xx:xx, Sa - xx:xx, Su - xx:xx
    c. Activities:
        i.  (Mon)
        ii. (Mon)
        iii.(Mon)
        iv. (Mon)
        v.  (Mon)

I think this is a bug.   

If this is intended, why in the world would is tart with lower case letters and then lower case roman numbers for the next indented entries.  

Or, is there a way for me to change what the "bulleted item numbers/letters" are used for my Ordered Lists.    

I really would like it returned (rather then have to change the formatting of each of my notes, as I have hundreds of notes already with the  Numbers and letters hierarchy.   

Also, I would submit this as a bug, however, I can't seem to find the place to submit this as a problem (if anyone has any guidance on that, i would appreciate it).  

Thanks,

Greg 

• Level 5

Hi, @Greg Lang. We've been informed that, at long last, collapsible lists, with actual subsections (meaning with sub-numbers, not just 1, 2, 3) are coming to Evernote (see https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/150550-collapsible-sections-coming-to-evernote/). I wonder if you're seeing some weird test implementation of this?? Here's the place to contact support: https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.actionEDIT: By "subsections" and "sub-numbers", I meant to say "outline format".

I just did a test with a new note, and this is what I'm seeing, also on 10.78.2:

image.thumb.png.3b95a6dd1ab8d9b5acadbc7719155e08.png

59 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Ahoj,@Greg Lang. Boli sme informovaní, že konečne do Evernote prichádzajú skladacie zoznamy so skutočnými podsekciami (čo znamená s podčíslami, nielen 1, 2, 3) (pozri  https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/ téma/150550-zbaliteľných-sekcií-prichádza-k-evernote/ ). Zaujímalo by ma, či vidíte nejakú zvláštnu testovaciu implementáciu tohto? Tu je miesto, kde môžete kontaktovať podporu:  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.actionEDIT : Pod "podsekciami" a "podčíslami" som chcel povedať " formát obrysu ".

Práve som urobil test s novou poznámkou a toto vidím aj na 10.78.2:

image.thumb.png.3b95a6dd1ab8d9b5acadbc7719155e08.png

It's acting weird...
"cycles it" between Numbers / Letters / Roman numerals

image.png.061cfcaac1afef1b83b658d9eac57024.png

• Level 5

Apparently there are only 3 types of units, which are recycled. Thus the last item in your list could be referred to as 3.c.iii.3.b.v.4--accurate, but not highly elegant. Here is how one word processor handles 7 levels of an outline:

image.png.4352e3c50ea009e207ffc4c965122161.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure there's other people who love this but OMG it just messed up my existing notebooks, I had an expectation that the indented lists would be numbered and therefore had been using this for many lists where numbers needed to be used. I guess I could write a number after a,b,c but so many lists to update.