Letting go of tradition and replacing it with something new is the easiest thing even a child can do.

kicking legacy to the curb and only supporting the new version.

Firing or killing something is the easiest way to do it.

However, for the purpose of a note-taking app for people to jot down their thoughts,

the legacy version is better suited and more user-friendly, so we want to keep it. 

Why is the new version worse than the legacy version? If I have to be specific,

This is only possible if I were a QA employee at Evernote. However, I can say that the most efficient and feature-rich app for taking notes is definitely the legacy app.

Would you say that the company is only driven by profit?

You're just asking for a tool that makes note-taking easier for you so you can make that profit.

Why do you think that's unreasonable? There's nothing wrong with my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Thanks for expressing your opinion, and especially for making clear that it is your opinion, not an undeniable fact. For my purposes, v. 10 is more feature rich, thinking particularly of back-links. Just to jot down thoughts, I could use a pen and paper. Evernote does much more than that, with its ability to add and OCR attachments, for instance, link/backlink among notes, and do filters and searches. The complaint that Evernote is "just a note-taking app to jot down thoughts" was used by free users who didn't want to pay (but did want to jot down more than 50 thoughts). I'd have to say that even Legacy was about much more than jotting down thoughts, and that some of those purposes are served better by v. 10. But that's only my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Level 5

@testYYer thanks for your opinion. It basically says you want a basic app for note taking.

I am sorry, but from what I see (as a fellow user) EN is not targeting your use case. The app is feature rich, and to support it needs an adequate income.

Personally I have absolutely no issue using it for plain note taking. It really got excellent since they introduced RTE syncing. I can start a note on my phone, and when it grows switch seamlessly to the laptop and continue editing there. It IS always synced, not the clumsy „syncing/conflicting/duplicating“ engine for which legacy is (in)famous.

But EN v10 does much more for me, and the price is reflecting it.

If you want just plain note taking, you maybe better look elsewhere. You are not in the target user group any more.

This doesn’t say it wouldn’t be very good for this purpose as well, see above.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1