I heard a rumor that Evernote API is shutting down on 2024-03-23.

The other day, third party apps token temporarily stopped. I heard a rumor that EN has announced developers that the API will be discontinued in the future. Is that true?

Edit: He is developing an Evernote clone on iOS and is NOT an EN employee.

55 minutes ago, User-30 said:

The other day, third party apps token temporarily stopped. I heard a rumor that EN has announced developers that the API will be discontinued in the future. Is that true?

I don't think any of the users have a chance to find out... unless he's directly the developer... 

And overall it seems to me bullshit, because there are a quantum of services like Zapier, Mailchimp, Google drive, etc., which people use and Evernote would completely "cut off" the way to various forms of use...

For me personally, this would not give any advantage as a company, when at the moment they are trying to make all systems as compatible as possible with other systems and it is perceived as a competitive advantage.

54 minutes ago, ferol said:

I don't think any of the users have a chance to find out... unless he's directly the developer... 

And overall it seems to me bullshit, because there are a quantum of services like Zapier, Mailchimp, Google drive, etc., which people use and Evernote would completely "cut off" the way to various forms of use...

For me personally, this would not give any advantage as a company, when at the moment they are trying to make all systems as compatible as possible with other systems and it is perceived as a competitive advantage.

He is developing an Evernote clone on iOS and is not an EN employee.

What bothers me is that Evernote clone will also be shut down due to the deprecation of old APIs...
I hope it's bullshit.

1 hour ago, ferol said:

2024-03-23 old clients are switched off. Only the new v.10 will work .. and this will probably also disable the old API for old clients.

But the new API will continue to run according to me....

This info is just some confusing complication of what is about to happen...

12 hours ago, ferol said:

2024-03-23 old clients are switched off. Only the new v.10 will work .. and this will probably also disable the old API for old clients.

But the new API will continue to run according to me....

This info is just some confusing complication of what is about to happen...

Where's the new API documented versus the old API? Last time I looked into it, which was probably a couple of months ago, all I could find was a single (old) API.

1 hour ago, Paul A. said:

Where's the new API documented versus the old API? Last time I looked into it, which was probably a couple of months ago, all I could find was a single (old) API.

I have no idea... I just so assumed it would be new.. maybe not...