Day One and Apple Notes share buttons to Evernote not working

Is anyone else having this issue? I click on the share button in each of those apps and a box pops up asking if I want to include a note and if I try to do that click the save button, nothing happens. Doesn't matter if I leave it blank, still nothing happens when I hit save.

Thanks,

Mark

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ATHiker95 said:

Is anyone else having this issue?

Possibly because it's now late at night where I am,  I didn't actually understand much of that - can you explain more please?

• Level 5

Evernote general discussions …

Nothing about the client used …

Nothing about the OS used …

“Each of those notes“, unexplained …

Sorry, my Palantir is out for maintenance. I see an Apple in the mists, but this doesn’t help.

Using an M1 iMac - Sonoma 14.3.1

I'm running Evernote 10.74.1-mac-ddl-public (20240130023748)

Also running Day One Version 2024.3 (1536)

Running Apple Notes version 4.11(2755)

There are share buttons in the DayOne and in Apple Notes and Evernote is one of the share options.  However, when I click on a note in either of those apps to share to Evernote and then hit the Save button, nothing happens - it doesn't share to Evernote. 

This is an example of that box in Apple Notes and when you hit the save button, nothing happens. Exact same thing when trying to copy notes from Day One to Evernote.

(If I share a note from Day One to Apple Notes, it works just fine, just not to Evernote)

image.png.ad5e71ccef6b6196e6d437be8612fe7d.png

• Level 5

I have had any version of this in the last year (all on Sonoma, MBP 15"/2018, MBP 14"/2023, Mac mini M1): Share list without EN, share list with EN, but the position not working, share list with EN & working.

I could not find out yet what makes a difference, and it went from working to not working to working to disappearing on the same Mac. Working on one Mac, at the same time not working on the second, with the same config and release versions.  I assume it is a MacOS issue.

• Level 5

Mac mini, right now. The sharing doesn't even show. 

image.thumb.png.a1a6745bc71eb24d8be8f1053b223db4.png

But it is there in MacOS settings:

image.thumb.png.d3c06b2af0bfac1d6cd0cf69d619aa79.png

Observe from the list of apps that should be in the Sharing dropdown that others don't show up either (like Fotos). Others that are not listed in MacOS settings are there in the dropdown (Like Pages)

🤷‍♂️

Das habe ich auch erfahren. Dann, auf einmal war es da.  Merkwürdig.  :)  Sorry saw your German layout there and had to practice a bit of my German from many years ago (Spent a summer in Krefeld, Germany in '67). Just a few years ago - also in Schwäbisch Gmünd and Marburg in '71.  I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty now!  

• Level 5

I think (without knowing) that Apple tries to determine which receiving app has a format that allows the sharing.

Apps that don't have it are excluded from sharing into that specific app, even if they are selected in MacOS settings.

Pages for example allows to share to EN, but not directly: When hitting "Share", EN is not on the list, But there is an option "Export & Share". It first asks to save the document. Then there is an option "Export and send". When I choose it, I get the regular export dialogue. From there I can choose a format, and share the file to EN. This works - but in effect I can save a file from Pages in a number of formats, but NOT as Pages document. Crazy - but this is IMHO done by MacOS, not by EN.

What version of Mac OS are you using?  Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma?  You were even able to type in text into the note box before hitting the save button?  I will have to try it on my wife's Intel iMac running Ventura to see if that makes a diff.