Images included in notes no longer display side-by-side

I have existing notes which have images in them. They used to display side-by-side if the note window was large enough. This latest version I just upgraded to (see bottom of post) appears to only allow one image and then adds a line break after each one. Is there a way to undo this change using settings?

++++

version info:

10.76.2-win-ddl-public (20240214093250)
Editor: v176.53.0
Service: v1.92.0
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved)

• Level 5*

For the moment,  no.  We're other users here, so contact Support and see whether they have any further moves in the pipeline.  I've always use tables to control the size of my images and place them across the page - 2 or 3 columns seems best.  I'd suggest doing the same for the moment...

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately contacting support really hasn't helped at all for anything I have ever reached out to them about. I have made a report for this problem and so far they are ignoring the request.

I just don't understand how they could push an update with a pretty big bug and not realize what they did and not bother to fix it or even acknowledge that it's a problem. I get that the staff apparently never bothers to read the forums (though they really should), but it also feels like they never bother read their support tickets. (or when they do reply it's a stock copy paste answer that covers things that I had already told them I had tried; so they clearly didn't really read what I wrote.)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

For the moment,  no.  We're other users here, so contact Support and see whether they have any further moves in the pipeline.  I've always use tables to control the size of my images and place them across the page - 2 or 3 columns seems best.  I'd suggest doing the same for the moment...

This sounds like a good interim solution going forward. I don't want to go back and re-format notes that behaved as expected when I added that content so I'm sill hoping that they come up with a fix.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

@CrimeWire, this is an intentional change, as part of making it possible to align images left, center, or right. Kind of a feature with a bug wrapped inside it. You can take a look at this existing forum thread for others' experiences:

Thanks! It's good to know they meant this as an enhancement.

7 hours ago, gazumped said:

Ah, I tried to open a ticket before posting. I must have missed how to open a ticket after searching for help. I opened a support ticket today (id: #3836869)

• 2 weeks later...

This is fixed in the latest build and it was mentioned in the Release Notes. Thank you!

++++

version info:

10.77.3-win-ddl-public (20240221121132)
Editor: v177.3.2
Service: v1.93.3
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved