How to return the previous version?

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

Hi, I finally decided to buy an annual subscription. There was an unexpected update at the moment of payment, and I don't like it at all. It is very inconvenient for me to work on this light background with a gray font with huge gaps. I know that there is a possibility of black background but that I like even less. Please, if someone knows, tell me how I can return the previous version?🙏

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Device / OS / Evernote version / Screenshot ?  If by 'previous version' you mean Legacy,  then that is likely to be less and less usable;  if the previous v10 appearance,  then you should probably contact Support.  The latest design hasn't been released 'officially' yet - when it is,  there may be an option to use the older version,  but I do not know.  (We're mainly other users in the Forums here...)

• Like 2
  • Level 5
  • Solution
On 2/8/2024 at 4:18 PM, imoa said:

Hi, I finally decided to buy an annual subscription. There was an unexpected update at the moment of payment, and I don't like it at all. It is very inconvenient for me to work on this light background with a gray font with huge gaps. I know that there is a possibility of black background but that I like even less. Please, if someone knows, tell me how I can return the previous version?🙏

Welcome to the forums. It seems that you (like me) have been randomly(?) selected to receive Evernote's new, still-in-progress-I-hope, user interface. Yes to all you have said about it. Here's the address for the feedback form where you can offer Evernote your thoughts on it: https://waz9zvkd1f2.typeform.com/newuifeedback. You can come back there as often as you want, I'm told. But I don't think there's any way to revert to the old, actually visible and usable UI. However, try using the Web client (https://www.evernote.com/client/web). I've still got the old interface there, and the functions are very similar.

• Like 2
On 09.02.2024 at 11:00, gazumped said:

Hi.  Device / OS / Evernote version / Screenshot ?  If by 'previous version' you mean Legacy,  then that is likely to be less and less usable;  if the previous v10 appearance,  then you should probably contact Support.  The latest design hasn't been released 'officially' yet - when it is,  there may be an option to use the older version,  but I do not know.  (We're mainly other users in the Forums here...)

On 10.02.2024 at 00:37, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Welcome to the forums. It seems that you (like me) have been randomly(?) selected to receive Evernote's new, still-in-progress-I-hope, user interface. Yes to all you have said about it. Here's the address for the feedback form where you can offer Evernote your thoughts on it: https://waz9zvkd1f2.typeform.com/newuifeedback. You can come back there as often as you want, I'm told. But I don't think there's any way to revert to the old, actually visible and usable UI. However, try using the Web client (https://www.evernote.com/client/web). I've still got the old interface there, and the functions are very similar.

Thank you, guys. I`m using only web client, and now it`s 10.75.1, I don`t know the version I had before, but it had bright colours🤓 I filled up the feedback form, but I guess you are right Dave-in-Decatur, it`s not possible to get the older version.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
4 minutes ago, imoa said:

Thank you, guys. I`m using only web client, and now it`s 10.75.1, I don`t know the version I had before, but it had bright colours🤓 I filled up the feedback form, but I guess you are right Dave-in-Decatur, it`s not possible to get the older version.

Yes, they seem to be just randomly (but with increasing frequency) handing out the new interface. It doesn't really depend on the version, I think. Actually, my Web client just got reloaded, and it got slapped with the ugly brush too, on v. 10.75.2. The process seems to be:

1. Beta test. Most beta testers hate it, so go ahead.
  2. Distribute to random users. Most of them hate it, so go ahead.
  3. Distribute it to everyone. Most of them hate it, but that's all right.

Do be sure to fill out that response form. It's the only tool we've got.

• Like 1

The frustrating part of everything I would have asked to change is that none of these items would be it. The UI was ok.

Let me have deeper organization-like folders, that is my biggest annoyance that there's just basically one level!