Android app 10.75.1 Login Defaults to Apple ID

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. We're other users here, so there are limits to what we can offer WRT sign-in problems. Can you say more about what type of device you're using, and the details of your sign-in process?

Hi, thanks for responding. I have to say I wasn't sure this was the kind of question for this forum, but I thought I'd try before contacting Evernote directly. In any case, I'm using and Samsung V Flip 5. I downloaded the app from the Google store. At the sign in page, I'm offered three options. One for email sign in, one for Gmail and one for Apple ID.

No matter which I choose, the page that loads is for Apple ID. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and rebooted my phone but the problem persists. So, I can't sync access Evernote on my phone.

As I said, this may need to go to Evernote directly, but I thought I'd check and see if this is a known glitch.

Thanks for your time.

• Level 5

Thanks for the details. I haven't seen this reported here (but you might search the forum for it just to see, since I certainly miss things). It sounds like you've tried everything you can do. I think you're going to have to contact support--unfortunately, since they are very backed up and slow these days. (And they will tell you to uninstall, reinstall, and reboot....) Ordinarily you could do this through the app's Settings, but since you can't sign in, you can't do that! Go to https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action.

One other thought: what version of the app do you have (if you're able to access that, even)? The current version on Google Play is 10.75.1. It's just possible that the release you installed had a problem and an update has been issued to fix it. Of course, if you've already reinstalled you should be on the latest.

• Like 1

That's a pretty big bug if it affects all Android users of this version. 😮 If I had a spare phone I'd test it by logging out but don't want to lose access on my main phone! Hope they fix it ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, Paul A. said:

That's a pretty big bug if it affects all Android users of this version. 😮 If I had a spare phone I'd test it by logging out but don't want to lose access on my main phone! Hope they fix it ASAP.

We don't have any reason to think it affects all users. This is the only report I've seen. Are there others?