How to get last months worth of notes?

Ok, so I just discovered that Evernote quit syncing to the cloud like a month ago and today was in the process of trying to migrate all my data to a new computer.

Before I realized that Evernote was not syncing, I tried multiple things to get the account to sync, including signing out on my old laptop.  Now I cannot seem to get signed back in on my old machine.  Is there any way to access the last months worth of data so I can email it to myself on my old machine.

Please!! I am desperate!!

I am devastated.  I feel like I've had the rug swept out from under me.  I never thought this was even a possibility.  One of the main reasons I use evernote instead of one note is because I rest confident knowing the data can't be lost.

One of the things that the new installer mentioned before I ran it, was that a copy of my old database would be stored for safe keeping.

I checked however, before I ran it, and there was nothing... nothing in my user account> appdata > local or roaming folder tied to evernote.  I think this is because I somehow got signed out.

Is there anything, anything at all I can do.  I will pay for help! please.

Ok... I found a folder in the root of my profile folder called Evernote and in there I am able to find some files that have last modified date of today.  This seems like it could be promising, unless it is tied to the new version of the application.  However, there are files in there that were modified yesterday and all other days this month as well, so I think maybe somehow I can use this to get my data back.

Please.. Any suggestions?  

• Level 5*

Hi.  You've not given any information about your device / OS / Evernote version(s) so it's not possible to be very helpful.  If you updated from Legacy to v10 and use a desktop,  then your 'old' database and all your notes should be on your hard drive.  It's not possible to extract files from there by date,  but you should be able to find and download an older version of the app online,  and then export some or all of your original account database to ENEX files which can then be imported to the latest version.

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  You've not given any information about your device / OS / Evernote version(s) so it's not possible to be very helpful.  If you updated from Legacy to v10 and use a desktop,  then your 'old' database and all your notes should be on your hard drive.  It's not possible to extract files from there by date,  but you should be able to find and download an older version of the app online,  and then export some or all of your original account database to ENEX files which can then be imported to the latest version.

At present I am running 10.75, but up until yesterday I was running whatever the prior version was.  They probably sent me some emails telling me I need to upgrade, but I don't recall seeing them or they went into my spam, etc.

I was able to locate what I believe is my old versions database, or at least a folder in the root of my profile folder call Evernote that has a database last modified yesterday morning around the time I got logged out of the old version, and a bunch of cache files that have date modified that go backwards day by day from there.  Problem is, I cannot get logged back into my account using the old version.  The old version seems to be blocked.  So even if I copy all that data  over to another computer and install the previous version, I cannot get logged in to view my data, so what can I do?  I think I need someone from Evernote support to assist here and I don't know if that is even a possibility.  Going to guess that my previous version was v9.x, but I don't have access to know for sure.

• Level 5

OK, out of luck, there never was a version 9.

If you were running the latest version, it would have been 6.25 on Windows or 7.14 on Mac.

But these should still work. This means you were likely on an even older version. When you open your client, connected or not, there should be something like "About EN" or similar in one of the menus.

Since the last legacy clients do still sync, it will probably the best way to update to one of THESE. They will likely be able to make sense of the older database they encounter. Once they have loaded and grabbed the old install, they will sync it with the server.

You can then move on to v10 - even the newest legacy clients will stop working soon. Do not delay this action - once these clients stop syncing as well, a transition gets harder.

To avoid any loss of data when trying, you should make a copy of the database file (or better the whole EN folder). Save it with a name like EVERNOTE.OLD. You can regress to it if something goes wrong.

Then get the installer from a place like Filehippo.com where the old versions are still available. As mentioned above, get one of these version numbers, always the biggest upcount available below version 10.

Install it, log in. When you are lucky, it will detect the existing database and use it as it's starting point.

If this doesn't work, your current install is really old. In such a case you would need to try to use other clients as stepstones in between. But we leave this option for another day.

Logs in the old version folder would seem to suggest I was running Evernote for Windows 6.16.4.8094 (308094) 

Those logs go back all the way to 2022 though, and that is the only version entry I see in them, so hard to say.

AT the moment, I no longer have the previous version on my laptop to check.  Just this folder with files that look like this in the root of my windows profile folder:

image.png.e71e55467d7605b7215a90d7b6bd91bb.png

• Level 5

OK, doesn't look too bad.

Now copy the whole folder "Evernote", and rename it as told like "Evernote.OLD" to avoid EN touching it when trying to install.

Then get the installer for 6.25.2 (I think this was the latest), from Filehippo.com or another trustworthy source. Then try what happens when you install and log in. Usually it should detect this database and import it. It should then sync them all with the server. You can click on that "Sync" wheel to force an upload.

You are back into business when you check on the web client in a browser, and all your notes are there.