Only Computer-based edits save; iPhone app edits corrupt and delete notes. I may leave Evernote.

JuliFish
Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

Idea

I've been an Evernote Premium user since 2010 and rely heavily on it.  I'm strongly considering leaving Evernote.  I use it on 2 Macs, an iPhone, and an iPad, all of which are updated to the latest operating systems and versions of Evernote.  Starting several months ago, any new note or edits to an existing note on the iPhone would not appear on the computer-based versions.  Worse than that, the edits on the iPhone corrupt the computer-based versions of the note and sometimes cause them to be deleted and unretrievable.  I've had to e-mail messages to Evernote and then properly save them on the computer-based versions. Then they sync to the phone-based Evernote app.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

I don't think there have been a lot of other reports of this behavior, which obviously is not what ought to happen. Have you tried uninstalling the app from the iPhone and reinstalling? If that doesn't help, then you're going to need to contact support. The forums are mainly user-to-user. Support has been understaffed and overwhelmed for some time now. Hopefully they're working through the backlog, but it may take awhile to get a meaningful response. https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action.

Thank you so much for answering my post!  I just realized that I never replied to you.  I had been reluctant to uninstall and reinstall the app.  However, after reading your comment I finally did, and it resolved my major issues. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If a client starts to behave out of the normal (like getting sluggish, not syncing, high CPU consumption etc.) it usually points to a damaged local database. Since it can't be repaired, erasing it and downloading fresh are the most likely measures to get them back to normal.

On erasing the build in OS-uninstaller won't do the job. Use Revo Uninstaller (PC) or AppCleaner (Mac) to eliminate the bad install first.