Hello

I am unable to export Notes ... I was able to right click on a Stack and export all notes and Notebooks, but now , after Upgrade, when I right click on a Stack, I dont see a choice of Exporting.. Can you help me Resolve

1 hour ago, kumareshb said:

when I right click on a Stack, I dont see a choice of Exporting

I don't believe you can export a stack. You can export a selection of notes or a notebook.

5 hours ago, Mike P said:

I don't believe you can export a stack. You can export a selection of notes or a notebook.

but I was always able to Export whole stack in previous version .. I used to be at 6.0.24.. until recently i upgraded

is it LOSS of good feature (exporting whole stack) when you update to current version ?

• Level 5

You can't export by stack, and that's final.

Furthermore it was a stupid thing to do even when it was technically possible: The notebook information was not preserved. You had all notes from a stack in one large file, but the notebook information was gone. So either the notebooks were not important for you (but then why build stacks ?), or you never tested if your export strategy did really work.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You can't export by stack, and that's final.

Furthermore it was a stupid thing to do even when it was technically possible: The notebook information was not preserved. You had all notes from a stack in one large file, but the notebook information was gone. So either the notebooks were not important for you (but then why build stacks ?), or you never tested if your export strategy did really work.

you are right about Notebook info NOT saved earlier..  but my stack has "Hundreds of Notebooks" so how do you propose to Export so many Notebooks.. Example if I want to Export weekly or even monthly.. how do other people with scenario like this..? with "Hundreds of Notebooks" with each Notebook have Notes inside, how do you EXPOR them?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
13 hours ago, Chris1962 said:

is the GitHub save ?  very strange that I can not export my notes and notebooks on the pc or to apple notes 

is that really the only way ?

thank you 

Hi.  The GitHub solution is not under Evernote's control,  but several here seem to use it.  You'll need to make your own evaluation.

You can export your notes from the PC to a variety of formats - it's not Evernote's responsibility to make them Apple compatible...