Huge Change to my Evernote subscription price

Hello everyone,

I've been a loyal Evernote Personal account user for over a decade. Recently, I received a notification about my subscription fee increasing from 59.99 euros to 99.99 euros. This price hike is quite substantial.

In a conversation with a friend, I was taken aback to learn that he's been paying only 43.99 euros for the same subscription level and hasn't received any notice about a price increase.

Has anyone else experienced a similar hike in their subscription costs? I'm interested in hearing your feedback on this matter. Given the significant rise in price, I am considering exploring alternative services unless there's a justifiable reason for this discrepancy. I look forward to your thoughts and suggestions.

Regards

Spyros

• Like 1

Thank you for responding. I'm puzzled as to why there's such a discrepancy in subscription fees - why am I paying 59.99 euros while another person pays only 43.99 euros for the identical service? A jump to 100 euros is certainly excessive, especially considering I use Evernote exclusively for storage purposes.

Additionally, I have a question regarding the transition to a free subscription. If I decide to stop my paid subscription, I understand that my account will revert to the free version, which allows for the creation of up to 50 notes and only 1 notebook. Given that I currently have thousands of notes and 10 notebooks, I'm concerned about the fate of this data. Will any of my notes or notebooks be deleted, or will I lose access to them in some way?

While I think the high majority of Evernote users have seen a price increase, it does seem like there are a few accounts that have maybe slipped through somehow. Or it just might be that their renewal has not yet happened as we haven't reached a full year on the increased subscription rate. When does your friend's subscription renew? Maybe it renews in late March, April or May and their price hike is coming.

Once you drop to the free plan and your current subscription has ended, your notes will still be accessible but you will not be able to create new notes or notebooks. I think I've seen that you won't be able to move notes around to different notebooks either. Nothing will be deleted though. Your access will be limited to just two devices.

My price increased from something like 75 USD to 129 USD for Personal back in September, but I got a 40% off one year by starting to cancel a few weeks before my subscription expired. Halfway through the cancellation process I was offered the 40% off to not cancel so I ended up paying something like 84 USD for Personal.

• Level 5*

Evernote had a stable of 'grandfathered' products - customers who subscribed to a now-discontinued limited product that was no longer available,  but were able to continue to use the app at that level,  without any of the recent updates.  Plus of course the 'free' contract with most of the standard benefits but much restricted access.

Evernote's new owners have simplified all of the above - Free is now very much a trial product,  and there are three subscription levels - Personal,  Professional and Teams (business).  If you are not already on one of those levels you will probably be offered a nice discount to continue for another year.  If you're already subscribing to one of them you'll continue at that rate. 

Subscriptions vary somewhat around the world for reasons of currency,  tax and economics.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Boot17 said:

My price increased from something like 75 USD to 129 USD for Personal back in September, but I got a 40% off one year by starting to cancel a few weeks before my subscription expired. Halfway through the cancellation process I was offered the 40% off to not cancel so I ended up paying something like 84 USD for Personal.

You live a charmed life.  I tried to get access to the discount by starting to cancel a few times and then dropping to free, but no go for me.  Maybe because I was on a professional subscription at the time, or Evernote has been reading my forum posts 😳.

• Haha 2
On 2/6/2024 at 10:37 PM, Markaseos said:

Has anyone else experienced a similar hike in their subscription costs?

Yes. Mine has gone from AUD$90 last year to AUD$160. 78% increase. Quite a jump.

I'm staying – I like using it.

• Level 5*

I get that it's a shock,  but it's the new price (unless you get a discount).  If the service is not worth it to you,  then best find an alternative soon...

I have a Personal Account which is about to be automatically renewed via Paypal. However, I have seen some discount codes that I would like to try but don't know how/where to enter them. Any thoughts please?

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, ystuff2 said:

Any thoughts please?

Stop your Paypal payment and downgrade your account to basic (free) - you may be offered a discount along the way.  I doubt any codes you may have seen will work,  but you may see options to use them during that process...