I am an admin for mobile devices and am starting to get tickets from users that the "Scannable" app will not open. These are on iPhones from 11 through 14 as well as iPad Pro's 3rd 4th 5th and 6th generation. iOS varies as old as 16.3 all the way through the latest 17.3. I am seeing Evernote versions 2525 (2.6) on all of them and this is the only thing that has changed on them is an update to the Evernote app. I even removed and reinstalled on my test phone (iPhone 14 running iOS 17.3) and get the same result. Rolling back a version is not an option for me. The behavior of the app is that it will go to a black screen with the scannable logo for a split second and simply close. I have verified the access to the camera is enabled. My end users have been using this app for years. I need to know if there is a known bug or issue that I can help them resolve. 

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Lori Ann Black said:

I need to know if there is a known bug or issue that I can help them resolve. 

Your users should have found that it was a temporary server issue which has now been resolved.

On 2/5/2024 at 6:22 AM, gazumped said:

Tried uninstall / reinstall?

This did allow access on my test phone but now we are constantly being prompted to buy the product. I believe I will be instructing my users to change to Microsoft Lense from now on. 

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Lori Ann Black said:

now we are constantly being prompted to buy the product.

As I understood it,  the Scannable app is a free utility designed to import images into Evernote Notes - and elsewhere.  If you're being tasked to purchase an app it appears your users are also trying to use the trial version of the Evernote note app,  something for which it is neither designed nor intended.  Using Microsoft Lens will not avoid the requests to subscribe if you are saving to a free app - which also has a limit of 50 notes and one notebook.

4 minutes ago, gazumped said:

As I understood it,  the Scannable app is a free utility designed to import images into Evernote Notes - and elsewhere.  If you're being tasked to purchase an app it appears your users are also trying to use the trial version of the Evernote note app,  something for which it is neither designed nor intended.  Using Microsoft Lens will not avoid the requests to subscribe if you are saving to a free app - which also has a limit of 50 notes and one notebook.

These apps are only being used to turn paper into a PDF then they save to their Enterprise OneDrive locations. Lense is included with our MS licensing. I only recently adopted this particular user group and am still getting to know the ins and outs of how they function. I suspect my predecessor was unaware of the availability of MS Lense. Thank you though.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I believe the recent change to Scannable now requires a user to have an Evernote account.

Explains my confusion - the Camera options in Evernote seemed to be as good as Scannable,  but users -IIRC- preferred Scannable "because you can also do other things" and it seemed like a separate process.  If it now requires an Evernote account,  there's actually less reason (I would think) to use it as a stand-alone utility,  unless you're keeping a separate document store somewhere else.  I never ever used it because I'm Windows/ Android linked (but not otherwise a bad person) and Scannable was never released for Android.  Ironically I also use Lens for some tasks...  ;)

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, gazumped said:

users -IIRC- preferred Scannable "because you can also do other things" and it seemed like a separate process.

The option that Scannable provides that Evernote doesn't is the ability to have an image or PDF.  I always thought they should just add the save to PDF option into Evernote and do away with Scannable.  They haven't yet so they must have a pretty good reason.  Licensing maybe?  

• Like 1