Is anyone else having trouble with searching notes? I have two critically important notes that a search will not locate; I find them sitting in the notebook but I need to be a quick search with the keyword as usual. I have a new Macbook Pro. I upgraded the software yesterday. I can find other notes but not all through search. I've closed and reopened the software.  I've shut down and turned back on my computer. Any suggestions? I'm going to have to find another software if I cannot rely on what has been a delightful Evernote benefit.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I've not noticed any missing notes myself in normal use.  It generally takes several hours for a new installation to build a full search index so it may be just a matter of waiting for another day or two to get better searches.  If you want to force a rebuild,  sign out of Evernote and choose the 'remove my data' option,  then restart. 

I hedge my bets by using a 'Parent / Child / Grandchild' structure of Table of Content notes - a project gets its own note,  and I'll link from there (by dragging and dropping new notes) to any related issues.  Some of those links will be ToC notes in their own right for sub-tasks, individuals or suppliers.  For current issues its possible to drag notes to the Shortcuts area which is where some of my top level ToC's live.

Similar things are also possible with Home page widgets.

• Level 5

@reneemcgivern Are you sure you already have a full download from the server on the computer ?

You can check in the activity monitor when keeping EN idle for some minutes if there is ongoing network traffic.

I assume you are on a subscription: Try the same search in the web client, that is open your account in a browser window. Does it find the note ?

Good idea - checked and the web client doesn't have those notes either but I can still find them by browsing around. They are in notebooks and other notes within them are findable via search. Frustrating. Thanks for your help.

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I've not noticed any missing notes myself in normal use.  It generally takes several hours for a new installation to build a full search index so it may be just a matter of waiting for another day or two to get better searches.  If you want to force a rebuild,  sign out of Evernote and choose the 'remove my data' option,  then restart. 

I hedge my bets by using a 'Parent / Child / Grandchild' structure of Table of Content notes - a project gets its own note,  and I'll link from there (by dragging and dropping new notes) to any related issues.  Some of those links will be ToC notes in their own right for sub-tasks, individuals or suppliers.  For current issues its possible to drag notes to the Shortcuts area which is where some of my top level ToC's live.

Similar things are also possible with Home page widgets.

Wow! You are quite the sophisticated user. I can play with that structure a bit and see what happens. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If you can‘t find them on the web client either, you probably should contact support.

The web client is searching on the cloud server „master“ search index. It’s no good if this doesn’t work.

A couple weeks ago, I was logged in and saw the full list of notes I had shared with a colleague. I literally watched as the notes disappeared one by one. The same thing happened on my colleague's end. The notes appear to be GONE. No amount of searching has uncovered them.

I'm hoping Evernote has a backup of the notes, but I can't figure out how to reach human tech support to investigate.

Anyone have tips for connecting with a real person about issues other than billing?! Thank you!