"Currently In the note" icons

On Android I've noticed "Currently in the note" icons I believe display the obvious. Why then when I'm the only one doing so are there up to 4 instances displayed? Sometimes one greyed out. Same name. Not displayed predictably or all the time

iMarkup_20240126_132643.jpg

• Level 5

I've never seen the "currently in the note" indicators. I see the multiple circled IDs at the top when I have the note open in other devices besides the Android phone. Basically, as I understand it, Evernote can't tell who, if anyone, is actively editing on a given device, so if the note is open on multiple devices they just put your icon at the top.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
32 minutes ago, justAuser801 said:

If you tap the icons the list is displayed. They're all me. I'm only in on 1 device; my Android. I'm concerned if this is more than a glitch & I'm being hacked.

Ah, thanks for that. It never occurred to me to tap the icons. 😊 That is odd. You might try (if you haven't yet) signing out of the Evernote app, maybe restarting the phone, and then signing back in, to see if that clears things up. You could also take a look at https://www.evernote.com/Devices.action to see if there are any devices accessing your account that you don't recognize, and https://www.evernote.com/AccessHistory.action for the same purpose.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
11 hours ago, justAuser801 said:

If you tap the icons the list is displayed. They're all me.

OK that's the second new thing I learned about Evernote this week! I get the notifications too on my Android tablet, sometimes more than one if I have the web version open as well as the installed app.  Never have seen four though.  I agree with @Dave-in-Decatur - reinstall and check your account access!