Annoying ads to buy paid plans!

Hi!

I've been a free plan user of Evernote for more than 12 years.

Recently, they are literally bombarding me with annoying ads to purchase paid plans EVRYTIME I open the app, either desktop or on my Andriod phone.

I am FINE with my free plan (even though they restricted more and more and options are few) and DON'T WANT TO PURCHASE any paid plans!

Any ideea on how do I get around this annoying ads?

Thanks!

You were fine with the free plan for 12 years, but the Evernote owners are no longer fine with it and they've basically ended the free plan and have made it more of a free trial.

There is no way around the annoying ads that I can see and the only way to get rid of them from your life is to either pay or find a new tool of choice.

• Like 1

Paying helps - but doesn't solve the problem totally. When on "personal", you see ads for "professional" in several places. When on "professional", Evernotes sends you ads for "teams".

16 minutes ago, ChristianJB said:

This is not my experience, I'm on the "Professional" tier, never received any ads for "Teams". 

I have been on "professional" plan earlier. Got ads for "teams" (by email) from time to time.

11 hours ago, janndk said:

When on "personal", you see ads for "professional" in several places.

I have Personal at work and Professional at home. The upgrade to Professional on the Personal account is imo super tacky and should be removed. I never liked that.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, janndk said:

Paying helps - but doesn't solve the problem totally. When on "personal", you see ads for "professional" in several places. When on "professional", Evernotes sends you ads for "teams".

I am on Professional and have never had an Ad for "Teams"

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I've been having this ad issue from some weeks now, since the latest update of Evernote app for Windows. I mostly use evernote on mac environment, but in my new job, I need to use windows so, there you have it.

I have a paid personal account, and surely was not expecting the amount of ads directed towards my account. Not only on emails, but on the app itself, like a pop-up appearing in the middle of the app, and preventing me to use the app whatsoever. And every 5 mins I have to close the windows, and most of the times, the app crashes. This is a nightmare, and I wouldn't have expected this from a paid plan.

Let me know if you have some recommendations. I already sent a note to support.