Can't upgrade subscription - Help

Hi all.

Can anyone help me with an issue I am having ? When I saw the new prices, I panicked, and clicked "Downgrade from Professional to personal". This would take effect start of Feb, when my current professional subscription ends. 

However I have now thought about it, and decided I want to stay with Professional, and I will just pay the higher fee. However now it wont let me change back. All i see is the attached photo telling me that I will be downgraded. 

I don't know who to contact, because, when I click on support, it makes me log in. Then when I log in it takes me straight to my notes (not to support). And then when i go to support again, it makes me log in again, and repeats the same thing. For some reason I have never been able to contact evernote support for this reason. 

I would just wait until the new one rolls over, but from what I read, they will charge me a whole new annual professional charge and refund me the annual personal fee. But i want to do the change in advance, because i have little faith that my refund would be processed in a timely manner. And besides, if they never paid the refund at all, there is no one I can contact anyway.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do ?

Thank you for your help 

Screenshot 2024-01-15 102347.jpg

4 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Allow the downgrade to go ahead. As soon as the renewal at the lower price is complete, choose to upgrade to Professional.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. My issue with this is that  I am on the Annual plan. I read the T&C's to say that if I do what you are suggesting, that I will have paid my Annual personal membership (at rollover) and then I will pay again for an annual professional membership, and evernote will refund me the personal one. I don't really want to pay twice. Thats a lot of money, even if they do refund. 

Or do you read it different ? 

• Evernote Expert

I believe that is the case. You could alternatively cancel your subscription. That will drop you to Free. Then resubscribe at Professional.

Cancelling is only dropping to Free.

• Level 5

For one account at any time only one plan can be active.

I think if you cancel Personal and get Professional again before the subscription expires, you will get Professional immediately, and not be charged for Personal.

When I switched from personal to professional, they booked the full amount for Professional from my account. After a few days I got a pro rata refund for the left over days of my Personal subscription. Both happened automatically - since I hold my subscription through the AppStore, so I can't say if this was Apple's or ENs doing.