Hi! From today my account no longer synchronizes Evernote notes, either from PC, Web or mobile, and I don't understand if I've been banned or what's happening! Can you help me please?

image.png.4d57b80c5d1a09d12876381dbc205b29.png

• Level 5

Since your posts falls short in details, we can't tell.

What we can tell is that end of 2023 (and maybe effective a bit later) EN has resetted weak passwords that were not beefed up by 2FA. So probably you need to create a new, better password for your account (and for enhanced security enable 2FA as well, if possible).

Thanks... It sound like I'm banned from Evernote! In fact, if I try to log via Evernote Web, everything seems to be OK but I can't create any new note. If I try to login in the Windows or Android App, login failed...

• Level 5

If you are on Free, there is a new limit of 50 notes in 1 notebook imposed. Not per month, it’s for lifetime. Only subscribing will lift it.

Those with existing notes can still access and even edit them. But you can’t move them, and you can’t create new notes while above a count of 50.

• Level 5*

...and there are a lot of comments from v6 users about sync issues.  Looks like server updates / OS changes and/ or other app changes finally blocked access to this outdated version... 

Thanks for the clarification. What a shame, however, that Evernote prefers to lose decades-long users, like me, by changing the cards on the table in this way, in a forced manner and almost without warning... Patience: after all, it will be enough to copy all the notes into Word and sync everything with One Drive or Google Drive. Easy, fast and free forever!

Surely, however, I don't think this is correct behavior on Evernote's part, although it is within its free right to decide to change as it sees fit... But certainly, as a user, I don't feel respected at all by such a choice!

Thanks again everyone!

• Level 5

You are not a customer. You could achieve this by entering into a contract and pay for the service.

You are a user who believed in an eternal free lunch. And now when the music stopped your only thinking seems to be where to find the next soup kitchen.

Move on, no more freeloading here.

Honestly, I would rather willingly turn my back on those whose sole aim is profit without respect for users. And I, as a user, have every right to be disgusted by this very abhorrent behavior. It's not you who are telling me to go, it's me who is telling you that I don't need to feed such a system. And in any case, Microsoft and Google are certainly not "soup kitchens", simply because they don't even look at you (as well as being much more respectful towards users!)

• Level 5

You seem to believe you have a birth right to get valuable services for free, for life. Now you found out that was a mistake. Part of growing up, I think.

I wonder why you think you can repeat this mistake, without repeating it. MS offers 5GB for free, and with Google you are the product. Not yet grown up enough, it seems.

What I notice is the arrogance of considering the user who, for years, has trusted a free plan that has been modified, even preventing login, as a poor person, and we should almost be grateful if the notes remained read-only. It is certainly the company's right to decide to change subscription plans, it is execrable that a user should be considered "poor" if he complains about similar behavior. And no matter how much you try to justify it, Microsoft and Google have never treated me like this. For the record: with Onedrive I uploaded 100 notes in a few seconds, and the space currently occupied is 0.1 MB on 5 Giga, which I can increase for free through referral operations and similar. Honestly, be patient, but I prefer those who offer me a long-lasting service and not those who think that if I don't buy a "Premium" plan I'm a poor guy who has to go and eat at the soup kitchen!

• Level 5

We don't consider Free users of the old plan to be poor. They probably had their reasons to stick to that plan, among which not having the resources might have been one of the reasons. Probably there were others.

What I do like to ask you @G10Ok personally and directly: We know that for each subscriber, there were 10 or more Free users. Now, I am one of these subscribers. Say you in person are one of the 10 users I should continue to finance: What is your personal, individual reason to convince me to continue paying for your free ride ?

Not having the resources can't be it, when I read your posting. So what else ?

Let me be clear: as I have repeated in all my posts, I absolutely do not contest the company's choices in the slightest, of course! Simply, I would have preferred greater clarity and transparency, and not find myself suddenly unable to log in, and to understand what happened I had to write on your Forum! I'm certainly sorry because I would have preferred, perhaps, a notice, or, more simply, a different way towards the transaction on the new plan. I was disappointed simply by this, but let's be clear: I don't question the choices in the slightest. As I said in the first post, I'm sorry if Evernote loses many users also because I consider it a very valid and convenient product. Simply, it is logical that with free resources available, users prefer them. That's all!