Evernote needs a more aggressive communications strategy

It was good to see some interviews with Federico Simionato on YouTube recently.

He explains how some problems are being resolved, how others will take a bit more time, how on the whole things are getting better, etc.

What I don't hear him saying is that Evernote is fantastic and a far better platform than the others which the Evernote whiners constantly threaten to migrate to.

Evernote needs a far stronger communications strategy! If its existing users aren't convinced it will be around for long, how can it expect to attract new ones? A bit more enthusiasm and Steve Jobsian reality-distortion is needed. And it's true: I have experimented with all Evernote's competitors and I don't like any of them. Plus migration works really badly even if you try it.

I say this despite persistent bugs which Evernote never addresses and appears not even to be aware of.

David Derrick

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 minutes ago, davidtderrick said:

Evernote needs a far stronger communications strategy! If its existing users aren't convinced it will be around for long, how can it expect to attract new ones?

Telling us how great they are will not help.  They need to demonstrate it.  There has been some improvement but also a lot of introduced bugs.  They could have communicated the change to the free plan much better and their support is currently horrendous.  Reality distorting double speak won’t alter that.  They have priced themselves as a premium app.  I’m waiting for that to be demonstrated.

• Like 4

And there ARE parallels! An early trailblazer that had lost its way. Both Apple and Evernote reached that point. Both had extremely loyal customer bases. One rose to the challenge. And the other? A lesser challenge, but the jury is still out!