Free account merge of notebooks

Go to solution Solved by bmcl26,

I realise the odds are entirely against me, yet I see no other topic on this particular matter and figure having one might inform other people in a similar situation to me.

As a result of the new limitations & restrictions of free accounts, I have culled off all but three of my notes. Only problem is that I had multiple notebooks and as a strange quirk there is one note per notebook. All I would ask for from Evernote is clemency and either allow me to merge the contents of these notebooks together, thus bringing my account into compliance with the current one notebook limit.

The import/export feature does not allow me to do this manually, as the import feature unhelpfully puts notes into a standalone notebook - this behaviour is in fact clearly documented in the help support section of the Evernote website.

Performing a copy/paste job sort of works, but for "sentimental" reasons I would like to maintain the "created on" time stamps for the three remaining notes.

• Solution
On 1/10/2024 at 2:18 AM, luke.r.g said:

the "created on" time stamps for the three remaining notes.

You can Edit Created Date (and time) in the Note Info Screen

• Like 1
On 1/10/2024 at 2:18 AM, luke.r.g said:

The import/export feature does not allow me to do this manually, as the import feature unhelpfully puts notes into a standalone notebook - this behaviour is in fact clearly documented in the help support section of the Evernote website.

Good news! There are various different ways of importing an enex file into EN. The destination of the note depends on the method used. I've outlined them here:

So there is no reason why you can't  import an enex file into the notebook of your choice.

• Level 5

Just be aware: Import = Upload.

With a Free account its 60 MB. An ENEX file with roughly 60MB will create this upload, and then it’s waiting 30 days, including changes. If the ENEX file is above the limit, it will never upload (try-consume the limit while trying-fail-wait-try again-consume-fail …). 

So keep your import size below the limit.

• Like 3