I get continually asked to reset my password

Go to solution Solved by Astute0471,

When I am logged in to my Evernote account on my PC, and then try to login to Evernote on my Iphone, I get a message on my Iphone to reset my password.

I reset my password on my Iphone, but then I get signed out on my PC. When I then reset my password on my PC, it continues to work, however if I then try to sign in to Evernote on my Iphone, the same thing repeats itself. I have gone through this probably 10 times over the past 2 weeks.

I tried contacting Evernote support, however after 7 days I still have no reply from them. Having been a paying customer for over 10 years, I am very disappointed in this lack of support! What is the point of paying for an app if you don't even get any technical support?

Help!

Screenshot 2024-01-01 221616.jpg

• Level 5

Probably this is related to this security measure:

· We preemptively reset vulnerable passwords with an automatic password reset for accounts that didn’t have two-factor authentication. These accounts were particularly vulnerable to attacks through a weak or reused password. Affected users were then prompted to update their password the next time they opened Evernote. And again, I highly recommend setting up two-factor authentication!

Source: https://evernote.com/blog/2023-recap

As other users we can just confirm that there seem to be cases when the resetting has not worked. You can only continue to contact support.

• Evernote Expert

You are stuck with the currently slow support system. Typically 14 working days for a reply and I anticipate longer taking into account the Christmas and New Year holidays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Still waiting for a response from Evernote support, however I have continued my own troubleshooting and determined that when I switch off my VPN and then login to EV on my Iphone, I don't get signed out. I then switched on my VPN and now it appears to work.