Data Security and GDPR

Hi,

will Evernote's move to Europe also have an impact on how data security is handled? By this I mean specifically compliance with the GDPR and whether user data will (also) be hosted in Europe in the future. For many users from Europe who have data protection concerns because their data is stored in the USA, this could be crucial.

I would be very happy to know that my data is hosted in the EU.

14 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Evernote was already GDPR compliant when based in the US.  Moving to Europe is not going to change that..

Will the customer data be moved to a datacenter in Europe? I do not really know if that will make a difference in data security and privacy; for a lot of european companies it is an argument for customers, to use their solutions (eg Protonmail, Threema, pCloud, Tutanota ...)

best regards,

Peter

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, nathschlaeger said:

Will the customer data be moved to a datacenter in Europe?

AFAIK Evernote is still a Goole commercial client,  so it's likely that user data and backups are stored in datacentres around the world.  You'd have to ask Evernote for anything more  - and they're unlikely to be specific or quick to answer.  (We're mostly other users here.)

• Like 1
  • Level 5

EN is already GDRP compliant.

If you intend to use it professionally / commercially, you should get a Data Processing Agreement. You can contact support to have it issued.

I did …

• Like 1