iOS 17 Penultimate Apple Pencil USB-C

The latest iPad pro models with USB-C when using the USB-C Apple pencil requires iOS 17 to recognize the pencil. However Penultimate is not available is the app store to be updated. 

The USB-C Apple pencil doesn't work with Penultimate on IOS 17 iPad pro .

Every other line drawn simply disappears. 

• Level 5

Penultimate is withdrawn from the AppStore. Existing installs will work as they are, as long as it lasts. No new releases, no features.

If you want EN sync, try Noteshelf. Else any other handwriting app. Personally I use Goodnotes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

GoodNotes doesn’t sync to EN. You keep the project in GN until it’s done, and then export it as a pdf. Make sure the text recognition is exported as well. EN does not OCR handwriting in PDFs.

Direct sync is currently done by NoteShelf, as mentioned.

• 1 month later...

Evernote, not sure I can deal without you having a handwriting app. This loss of penultimate will cause us to go elsewhere. While the app may not have been the best it certainly replaced a piece of paper and now you have nothing. A gaping hole in the side of the ship with a nearly doubled subscription from $70 to $130 annual license cost, this isn't going to bode well for your users. 

• Level 5

EN never had proper handwriting support.

Penultimate was a joke compared to real handwriting apps.

Noteshelf syncs directly into EN. We had some critical remarks about it in the Forum.

Personally I use GoodNotes.

• Like 1