webclipper is not downloading youtube weblinks on page

Downloading via webclipper, but urls to youtube videos are missing. (attached difference between original and final (shows only week1, week2, ... with no hyperlinks)) Tried fullpage and article clip with same results. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks.

original links to youtube.PNG

result is missing url weblinks to videos.PNG

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Usually problems with clipping from the web are related to the website itself. Some actively try to prohibit clipping, others are simply coded badly.

If you expect help, you should post the URL that gives you problems.

Thanks. Link is to a secured site where I have full rights to as a paid user, so unfortunately, sharing link won't help without giving my userid & pw.  I wanted to save these in my notes for easier retrieval in the future, with youtube links that are currently in unlisted mode. 

• Level 5

It is known that especially paywalled websites try to prohibit clipping. Maybe they fear that a distribution of clipped versions without the paywall endanger their business model.

You can only try to contact support - the Clipper team is in a constant competition with web designers to work around the latest foolery in clip suppression.

15 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

It is known that especially paywalled websites try to prohibit clipping. Maybe they fear that a distribution of clipped versions without the paywall endanger their business model.

You can only try to contact support - the Clipper team is in a constant competition with web designers to work around the latest foolery in clip suppression.

Thanks kindly. You are probably right. Since all else came out ok in the clip for my notes, I was surprised that only video urls were coming through as text only and not linked. 

• 2 months later...
On 27.12.2023 at 01:57, anthonyal said:

Downloading via webclipper, but urls to youtube videos are missing. (attached difference between original and final (shows only week1, week2, ... with no hyperlinks)) Tried fullpage and article clip with same results. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks.

original links to youtube.PNG

result is missing url weblinks to videos.PNG

It looks like the problem may be related to the way Web Clipper interacts with YouTube links. You can try to check if your Web Clipper extension is up to date. Sometimes updates fix compatibility issues with certain websites. Additionally, consider exploring other methods to promote your content on YouTube. I recently found this site offering YouTube Promotion services  https://promosoundgroup.net/collection/social-promotion/youtube-promotion/ that can help increase visibility rather than just relying on web clippings. Worth a try!