How to transfer files if I leave Evernote due to significant price increase?

Hello,

The significant EN price increase I just heard about, for features I have no interest in, has me considering alternatives to EN. If I leave, can anyone advise how I take my thousands of saved docs/files with me? Is there a simply way to transfer them to another service? Or, am I stuck here? 

I've been using EN to keep personal and professional records.

TIA. 

• Evernote Expert

There are many suggestions on multiple threads. Choose your destination application and it would be easier to advise. If you just want a static copy then export each notebook to HTML. 

Many apps will accept the ENEX files that are an alternative export format from Evernote.

The other question to ask yourself is how will I be able to export from the new service I choose.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 6:24 PM, agsteele said:

There are many suggestions on multiple threads. Choose your destination application and it would be easier to advise. If you just want a static copy then export each notebook to HTML. 

Many apps will accept the ENEX files that are an alternative export format from Evernote.

The other question to ask yourself is how will I be able to export from the new service I choose.

I think that the question could be if it is possible to export the Evernote notebooks with the attached files. I never did that because I do not have files attached - I keep it stupid simple. So if one export one of his notebook with notes that have files attched (eg pdf): are the files also in the enex file?

Cheers,

Peter

• Level 5

ENEX carries the attachments inside of the exported file. To get at them, you need to import the ENEX into another application.

HTML export will create a subfolder holding the files from the attached notes. They can be used as they are.

Avoid pdf export, since it will only show a file symbol, but won’t actually save the file itself.

This wraps up your options, I think.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

ENEX carries the attachments inside of the exported file. To get at them, you need to import the ENEX into another application.

HTML export will create a subfolder holding the files from the attached notes. They can be used as they are.

Avoid pdf export, since it will only show a file symbol, but won’t actually save the file itself.

This wraps up your options, I think.

Thanks for the explanation 🙂