iPad OS 17 app crashes every time I create a new note

• Level 5

No such issue for me. Make sure your EN app is updated as well - the current release is 10.62.0.

In general if an app crashes, it may be that some residual data is stuck in the devices memory. To clean this out, log out of you user. Then quit the app, and uninstall. When asked dump all data.

Now make a FORCED restart. If you don‘t know how, check the Apple support pages.

After the device is up again, reinstall the app, open it and log in.

Your solution does not work.  Tapping any note in Evernote caused the app to instantly crash.  Evernote has also done away with support tickets… as in no way to create one.  The Evernote links for support take you to a lame help database or support tickets for billing thats it.  Now what? 

On 12/15/2023 at 5:51 AM, F.O. said:

Your solution does not work.  Tapping any note in Evernote caused the app to instantly crash.  Evernote has also done away with support tickets… as in no way to create one.  The Evernote links for support take you to a lame help database or support tickets for billing thats it.  Now what? 

I’m glad I’m not the only one, although sorry you’re having to deal with this too! PinkElephant’s suggestions (thanks by the way), I have already tried multiple times. I am always on the most up to date version of the app, and I have tried AGAIN and AGAIN to log out, delete data, delete app, force restart and reinstall.. it’s PAINFUL.

I am having the same issue and have tried everything short of buying a new iPad. I did have the ipadOS beta option turned on for a while but I went back to just the normal ipad0s recently to see if that was the issue and no luck. I am now running IPadOS 17.2 and Evernote 10.62.0. It would be really cool if Evernote made it easier for paying subscribers to contact their support team. I’ve been using Evernote since 2008 so I have quite of bit of my life twisted up in its notes so not having access on my ipad is a bit crippling. Hopefully someone on their team sees this thread and helps.  

53 minutes ago, Bustamite said:

I too experience the same issue , EN opens up lovely but i cannot create a new anything without it crashing..

I have tried above how to’s - no such luck guys ( works perfect on my MacOS & Android ;)

Rgds

Jimbo :)

Ok i have resolved the create note crash on my iPad Pro M1 iPadOS ver17.3 with magic keyboard 

1st step - cmd + tab ( to see running windows ) then cmd + Q to soft quit all the running apps

2nd step - 4 finger slide up the mousepad to view background running windows then hold each app then flick it to the top of screen ( effectively closing it properly ) until all apps are gone

3rd step touch & hold Evernote until app jiggles & a pop up window lets you be able to delete the app ( do so )

4th step Force Restart the ipad by following this button sequence —>

Press & quickly release the volume up button

Press & quickly release the volume down button

Press & HOLD the top button until the Apple logo appears ( about 10 to 12 seconds ) - this will do a complete restart from fresh ( NOT a factory reset - all your apps  & data will NOT be touched - it just ignores what was loaded & starts again ) 

5th step Install Evernote

I did this & i can now create notes , Notepads , Skitch etc

I hope this helps 

Rgds

Jimbo :)

• Thanks 1