mail to evernote creates duplicates

I'm wondering if the same thing happens if you don't use bcc, but just forward the email to Evernote. That would eliminate any weirdness in the email client with the bcc function that might be occurring. 

Also, it might be helpful for the many others around here who know more than I do to to help you if they can know what email client you're using, what platform, Evernote version, etc.

Vinnie

2 minutes ago, VincentC said:

I'm wondering if the same thing happens if you don't use bcc, but just forward the email to Evernote. That would eliminate any weirdness in the email client with the bcc function that might be occurring. 

Also, it might be helpful for the many others around here who know more than I do to to help you if they can know what email client you're using, what platform, Evernote version, etc.

Vinnie

Hi, Vinnie

Thanks for your response.

I'm on a Mac using the standard Apple Mail email client. The email account being used is Gmail based, but uses my business domain: myname@mybusiness.com.

I will try forwarding from the sent folder to EN, see if that changes anything. Thanks for that suggestion.

Bob

24 minutes ago, VincentC said:

I bet someone more knowledgeable will be by shortly who may be able to offer a better suggestion.   I hope you can resolve it easily, Bob!

Vinnie

well, at present, I simply go through the Evernotes either in the PM or AM and move the duplicates to the trash. Not terribly difficult, just a little annoying.

Thanks again!

• Level 5*

@VincentC's doing a good job so far - I'd only suggest that you check both Google and your Apple Mail accounts for local 'rules'.  You might be getting a forward from the app as well as the BCC. 

Failing that I'd suggest BCCing mails direct to your own address and set a rule to move them to a specific folder in the mail client.  You can then use that folder for weeding out duplicates if there are any,  and forward emails (individually,  sorry...) to your Evernote address.