Has exporting become a lot slower?

I noticed that exporting a notebook to enex format has become a lot slower. A notebook with 150 notes used to take like 5 seconds. Now it takes about 30 seconds and I can see the percentage progress increasing 1% at a time. It wasn't like this before. I have a very fast machine.

• Level 5

Reporting means writing a file to the local computer, build from data and metadata. This can take a little. You click export, and then you wait while it happens.

It is rather no hit & run action, so plan to do it in times when you will not work with the client.

18 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Reporting means writing a file to the local computer, build from data and metadata. This can take a little. You click export, and then you wait while it happens.

It is rather no hit & run action, so plan to do it in times when you will not work with the client.

I am saying the same action became a lot slower. Something used to work fast and not anymore. 

I have no idea what 'when you will not work with the client' means. When I export I am working in the client. Evernnote can't do anything else while it's exporting a notebook.

Yes I can wait. I can switch to do something else. I am just making an observation. I can still export.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

if you find the export slow down consistent it would be helpful to open a support ticket. I also run the GitHub export script.  After the initial backup it only downloads any changes and I run it in the background.  If there is a slowdown, I’ll never notice it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...