Evernote updates fail again

Oh look, another update to Evernote.

Run the update.

I wonder what will go wrong this time? 

Open Evernote. 

Well.. try to open it. I get a faceful of this.

This has happened before, and I think necessitated another go at reinstalled Evernote.

I'd really rather not this happen every time an upate comes out!

I get a note filled with this. Can't do anything else. image.thumb.png.7408f33ab861c7beb9cdad0524226ab5.png

• Level 5

Since you tell nothing about your environment (device, OS, client), we can only assume your install went bad. If it is repetitive, something probably interferes.

Either it is rooted in the prior install - then a full uninstall might help.

Or it is created by one of these magnificent „security suites“ intervening - then you need to find out and disable it before updating.

I didn't provide any details, as it was more of a general whinge about Evernote, on the back of a history of frustrations with what was once a fantastic app and is now a bloated mess which still doesn't get basic stuff right. My frustration is leaking through.

A lot of people have had problems with their updates, I really don't think it's anything on my end.. I don't have this issue with other software updates and there's nothing unusal about my set up (eg a security suite) that should stop what should be a simple process. I've done various uninstall/full reinstalls along the way.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

But just FYI,  Windows 10 Pro, using the app (the web interface works fine). System is up-to-date, no unusual software suites etc.

• Thanks 1