Failure to create new note without upgrade even though I still have lots of free data

Hi there,

I'm using Evernote for free so far. I have plenty of free data storage. Now when I open Evernote to create a new note the following window pops up. I can't seem to proceed to anywhere whitout upgrading. which I do not want. I have only one device linked.

Is this a bug? Is there a way I can continue to use evernote and create new notes without having to upgrade?

Thanks,

Ute

Screenshot2023-11-16at16_45_06.thumb.png.c17d730a7e6b587f68c9b8392195681f.png

Screenshot2023-11-16at16_57_10.thumb.png.54ec9c230dbc47fef2df989a36bad884.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  There are limits on note size and uploads per month,  and Evernote has recently been adding more restrictions.  You would need to contact them for more information - we're mainly other users here...

• Level 5

We have reports there is an A/B-test going on, with users on Free set to a limit of 50 notes and 1 notebook, with the offer to subscribe. Probably the company wants to test the reaction from the market.

We expect there will be a change to the Free plan in the near future - but as being fellow users we can't tell what direction it will take.

From the reports we got those in the test have no other option than to accept it, or upgrade to a subscription.

Thanks for that. Grr... 50 notes and 1 notebook only wouldbe a joke.

I have meanwhile found that I can't add a new note when I click on the + button in the app. However if I use the menu bar at the top of my screen an choose File > New Note it works. Might help someone else in the same situation.

• Level 5

It's not a joke. It simply means that under this conditions you can test drive EN, and then need to subscribe for permanent use. Or live with 50 notes.

Change of politics, I assume. But as I told, it still seems to be a test phase where some users are exposed to the change (group B ) while others remain on the current setting (group A). It's a classical method of market research, to see what will happen before a change is introduced in general.

When looking at alternatives, you find that most Free models come with severe restrictions. One offers a Free option with a total of 5 notes. In general, the time of generous Free offers seems to be over.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...