There seem to be numerous issues with the trash.   Evernote reports it cannot do so. If I try permanantly deleting messages individually or in groups, most works, but there are a lot that it refuses to remove.

Similar, but different problem on the App (iOS) which has a completely different set of messages in its trash, pretends to empty the trash, but when you quite and reenter they are all still there.

This seems to be one of a number of problems with Evernote I'm seeing recently - is the company in trouble?

• Level 5

Trash works for me. If it doesn’t, it is often a sign of a corrupted local database. I would start searching there, instead of spreading u founded gossip.

To solve it uninstall using a tool that removes all parts of the app - for the Mac AppCleaner is the usual choice.

@arose10 I believe you are using Evernote version 10 and having issues with the trash not showing. (This thread is about a legacy version of Evernote.)

But, yes, other people are having issues with the trash not showing. See this thread which also links to other threads: 

• Like 1
On 11/16/2023 at 12:44 PM, Boot17 said:

@arose10 I believe you are using Evernote version 10 and having issues with the trash not showing. (This thread is about a legacy version of Evernote.)

But, yes, other people are having issues with the trash not showing. See this thread which also links to other threads

Thank you, @Boot17.  That's correct.  I'm using the latest desktop version.  I didn't realize this thread is only about the legacy version.

Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.  I'll go over to the discussion you shared and chime in.  I appreciate it.

• Like 1