Sharing a notebook with someone on the free plan

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I want to work on a project with my fiance, she doesn't have an Evernote account. I wanted to share one of my notebooks to her and have her work in that shared notebook. If I do that will she be affected by the new 50 note limit on the free account? Or because the notebook is shared from the Professional account would they count as my notes and not hers. Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this because if I ask support I probably won't get an answer for a month given the restructuring. 

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  If you share a notebook,  the restrictions that apply are at your account level,  not the free one.  Best if you work through the sharing with her though - you need an email address which will generate an offer by email,  so check any spam folders.  Once the offer is accepted there will be options to set up a new free account to view the notebook.  Not sure what alternatives there will be to that - maybe a web view (?)  Only main drawback is that as you are the owner of the notebook she will be unable to create new tags.  She can use existing ones though,  so maybe if necessary create a note with all possible tags already applied...

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  If you share a notebook,  the restrictions that apply are at your account level,  not the free one.  Best if you work through the sharing with her though - you need an email address which will generate an offer by email,  so check any spam folders.  Once the offer is accepted there will be options to set up a new free account to view the notebook.  Not sure what alternatives there will be to that - maybe a web view (?)  Only main drawback is that as you are the owner of the notebook she will be unable to create new tags.  She can use existing ones though,  so maybe if necessary create a note with all possible tags already applied...

We're planning our Wedding so there really isn't much of a need for tags. I just have a notebook called Wedding I shared to her. The idea is we can use that to collaborate. She is an Apple user so she is happy with Apple notes and doesn't have much need for something as complex as Evernote. Thanks for the info though, I just want to be able to collaborate with her without having to pay for another account.

• Like 2