Random Encryption of Text

Intlg
Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

Idea

Hello,

I've just migrated Evernote to a new device and, to my horror, it has randomly encrypted several lines of text now requiring a passphrase to decrypt them. 

This is problematic as I've never set a passphrase so nothing will open these. 

Screenshot_2023-10-29-07-57-10-80_8ccd364c752df521fe39ba6a80db379d.jpg

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

Welcome to the forums. All I can say is that this seems completely bizarre; I don't think I've seen anyone report it in the forums previously. You will need to contact Evernote Support, and that will require patience, since they are completely overwhelmed these days it seems. https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action.

On 10/31/2023 at 6:12 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Welcome to the forums. All I can say is that this seems completely bizarre; I don't think I've seen anyone report it in the forums previously. You will need to contact Evernote Support, and that will require patience, since they are completely overwhelmed these days it seems. https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action.

On 10/31/2023 at 9:59 AM, Intlg said:

Hello,

I've just migrated Evernote to a new device and, to my horror, it has randomly encrypted several lines of text now requiring a passphrase to decrypt them. 

This is problematic as I've never set a passphrase so nothing will open these. 

Screenshot_2023-10-29-07-57-10-80_8ccd364c752df521fe39ba6a80db379d.jpg

I'm experiencing this same exact. My lines just encrypted themselves and I have been searching for a solution. Did you find the solution?

• Level 5

Nobody has the exact same problem. To start with there are probably 15 release cycles between the initial posting in this thread, and your claim to have the same problem. I doubt you run a client from half a year ago.

Please post your device, OS, EN client and maybe a picture of what you see. Was this directly after switching to a new device as well ?

• Like 1